MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Thursday Morning

Dee

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Sitting here with my coffee and looking out the window it's beautiful. The sun is shining, the lovely colored leaves are floating to the ground and I'm watching the pony's bounding around the pasture. THEN I look at the temperature and see it's 39 degrees and decide I'll work inside a couple of hours until it warms up! No use having to dress for winter when it'll be in the 70's later today.

Guess what!!! DD and I have booked an Alaskan cruise leaving San Francisco next May. We've talked about it for a couple of years and we're actually going to do it. We are both excited!

I've started cleaning off gardens. It's not really a pleasant job but it's nice when it's done. I have enough that it might take a week or more but what I don't get done DH will just mow over once I remove all the non garden things like sprinklers, ornaments, tomato cages, etc. Then it'll be time to start planning next years! :)

Anyway, let us know what you're up to today and whatever it is make it a great one! :grouphug:

DH is sick with a cold-sinus-sore throat-ears hurt. He is actually going to the doctor, so I am waiting on him hand and foot. He does not "suffer" well.

Beautiful weather here, but we do need rain. I might get some chicken breast to can. We'll see.

I'm sitting here wishing I had taken the time to sew up the flanel gown I cut out last year!! Oh well...Perfect weather here for another day of 'Crusin the Coast'. People from all over the country bring their beautiful antique cars to the coast for shows,parades, and all kinds of activities. Last year I was privileged to sit for a while in a gorgeous old candy apple red Thunderbird convertable. The interior was snow white -seat leather was soft as butter. Hanging on the slightly raised driver side window was a tray holding a real-looking cheeseburger, order of fries, and a chocolate shake. I felt like I was 'eating at Arnolds Drive Inn on Happy Days." I hope DH won't have to work all week-end so we can make it to at least one show!

It's a beautiful day here. After my little job I need to pick some peppers to can for dh. I have a truckload of books to take to 1/2 price books as well. Hope I can get some $$ for them. I made $30.00 on Monday with 2 boxes of books that were taking up space.

I'd like to clean out the storage area.....

DH is sick with a cold-sinus-sore throat-ears hurt. He is actually going to the doctor, so I am waiting on him hand and foot. He does not "suffer" well.

Beautiful weather here, but we do need rain. I might get some chicken breast to can. We'll see.

I had a similar illness last week. I hope that your hubby feels better soon. Most folks who have gotten it have needed antibiotics to send it on its way.

It is a beautiful day here in Central NY, too. Too bad that I have to be at work!

Busy, busy... I've juiced a bunch of crabapples for jelly, but am just freezing the juice for now. The dehydrator is filled with peaches, pears, and plums I brought back from my trip to MILs yesterday. I took her up a bunch of produce, and she sent me back with a carload of stuff.... crocks, a hammock, lanterns, and coal shuttles. it is a 4 hour drive, one way, up into the mountains, so it made for a long day.

Today, I have another 1.5 hour (one-way) trip to watch the girls' volleyball game. It's close to Cabelas, so I'm hitting there as well (DH left a list!). I need to get working on finishing up the garden as well, just so much to do and so little time! Got the newest issue of Backwoods Home, so I'm taking that for a little light reading at the game. Well, off to hang up some laundry before I head out.

The new job is going great, and I am so glad God gave it to me. DH is also interviewing for a new job (same place, just a different job and a move up) on next Wednesday. Lots of changes going on... It never ceases to amaze me how God likes to really work in our lives.

The temp has been in the 40's this week. It's supposed to get back into the 70's this weekend. We need to clean the garden out and I'm hoping to get to that this weekend. We decided to go with the one roofing contractor that DID show up to give us an estimate. We're waiting to hear back from him so we can get the ball rolling on that. I usually am ready for winter early, so I'm trying not to let the roof thing worry me (but it is). It will be a huge relief to have it done.

It's 68 and sunny.

We are only working about 34 hours at work this week. It hurts the paycheck but after working 60+ hours most of the spring and summer it's a welcome rest.

We are doing a major decluttering around the house this weekend. I have 3 friends comming over to help so I'm making up a list of things I need done.

I want to rework the kitchen , take out the island, it's awkward. (you ever buy a house and think why did they do that?)

Dh said it might not happen this weekend but we can see what we'll need to do to move the gas line. That will be the biggest hold up for taking it out.

This morning was an amazing cool 73. We received a really good rain on Tuesday and the lawn was still wet with dew. I still had to water my garden because the zucchini looked slightly wilted. I skipped digging the expanded area and worked on the last load of suitcase laundry instead.

Then, same 'ole, same 'ole, monthly accounting.

MIL called all excited that the insurance company is going to replace her roof. They have had some major rain storms and damaging winds this summer and the roof was beginning to show the wear. Her neighbors roof tiles ended up in her back yard after one of the storms, but her roof didn't seem to have received any damage.

The big news in our area were the tornados. I guess with the cell phone videos they received, the weathermen can't call them 'micro bursts' anymore.

Hoping everyone has a great evening.

Archived