MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

On the road again!!!!!!!! Friday!!!!!!

snapshotmiki

Be safe snapshot!

Good Friday morning everyone! I am going in at 4 this evening to work a 5 hour shift and then I have the day off tomorrow. I think dh and our friends are going to take a trip to Arthur IL to the local Amish community. So this morning I am going to prepare "the list".. May be the last time I get up there before winter hits. Then I work a 9 hour shift on Sunday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and feel blessed to be given another day! Take care. :cele:

Good morning Miki, Buttercup and those to follow :wave:

Have a safe trip Miki and I do hope your suitcase arrives. Warm and sunny is good.....enjoy!

I love going to the Amish community and shopping Buttercup. Our closest community is 2 hours east of us and we don't go east much so seldom get there. I love it when we do though.

The vet is coming out today and again tomorrow and hopefully these heifers will be bred for next July. I love those little calves.

Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

good morning all--what a great fall day here!!! i was able to go walk this morning for the first time since may--the dr cleared me to walk again :woohoo:i made it half a block--twice--(i am not supposed to get too far from the house yet) it is a far cry from the 4 miles i was doing twice a day before my knee problems--oh well--i guess i have nothing but time to build back up. The plumbers are finishing up all their work this morning--:bounce:I cooked a casserole yesterday--first home cooked meal since august--i love my new oven--now that they got the gas hooked up--they are putting in the pot filler and washing machine this morning and they are done!!!!

It is starting to feel like a real house around here--anyone who ha been through a major remodel should be able to relate--lol

gotta run errands this afternoon--glad to do it--it has been over a week since the knee surgery so it will feel good to be out and about

Have a wonderful trip, Miki! I plan to split my weekend between home and our rental next door. We have a new tenant moving in next week so I have to finish getting the apartment ready. Arizona sounds like a lot more fun than cleaning!

I'm still working on my house decluttering. Dh is a packrat so there is a lot to declutter.My bedroom was just about done and then the kids started doing thier rooms and all the stuff they don't want is now in mine.dry.gif Going to drop things off at Goodwill tomrrow.

I'm starting to get over my bronchitis and will only be working 6 hours a day next week so I hope to get alot done.

Hope you have a safe trip Miki.

Deerslayer glad your knee is doing better.

Thanks for the safe wishes and prayers everyone. I did get my suitcase--It had been broken into but nothing appears missing except one bottle of Cipro. I have my memory card now so I can start editing and posting the "real" gathering photos!!!!!! May be a few days but they will be done soon. Anyway--we are stopped for the evening only 100 miles from where we started! Took an hour to get out of our spot at the park as when we got into it 6 months ago, we just pulled up and backed in. Now there is someone across from us but not home. Way too tight a spot to have been in. Then, after getting my suitcase in Deming, a tire blew out on our travel trailer. We sat by the side of the interstate for over 2 hours waiting for help. We ended up replacing all 4 tires on the trailer and just stayed where we had that done. hopefully things will go smoother tomorrow and we will get to our destination. I know we are where we are supposed to be and dh and I both had oppurtunities today to be (not nice) to each other and other folks. We both did very well and just wondered why God wants us here instead of down the road.

Martian Chick--lots of dust in AZ!

Have a great evening ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Miki, you picked a great time to come back to Arizona. This was in the paper this morning:

[size="2"]Doug Kreutz Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 12:00 am | Comments

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size Here's bad news for you lovers of summer heat - both of you - but happy tidings for the rest of us:

High temperatures in Tucson could drop into the 70s next week.

And the chance of rain is expected to jump.

"We're tracking a significant change in the weather pattern next week," said Ken Drozd, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. "We'll probably have some significant cooling - down into the 70s by the middle or end of next week - along with an increased chance of precipitation."

The reason for the literally cool news: "We're looking at the track of an upper-level low that's going to kind of slow down and stall over the area toward the latter part of next week," Drozd said. "If it stalls out, we'll see those cooler temperatures" along with rain chances of 30 to 40 percent or higher.

Hey, we're ready: We hit 94 Thursday.

The forecast for today is for a high of 91 with a 20 percent chance of rain.

Saturday could bring a high of 89 and a 30 percent chance of rain - followed by a brief period of drier weather before the expected changes next week.

Nighttime lows likely will remain moderate because of the cloud cover, said meteorologist Glenn Lader.

"The lows would probably be in the mid- to upper-50s, but it's been so warm lately that even normal lows will feel cold," he said.

Contact reporter Doug Kreutz at dkreutz@azstarnet.com or at 573-4192.[/size]

Wind and rain this afternoon.

It was 89 degrees when it blew in and cooled off 20 degrees after that. I think fall in Arizona is here.

:motz_6: May a STINK BUG FLY UP THE NOSE of the person who had the audacity to break into Miki's suitcase!!!!! How RUUUUUUDE! :tapfoot:

:hug3: Just glad almost all your stuff was there, hon!!!

As for the REST of your day.....sheeesh! What's with all the challenges lately? You take care as you head westward!

MtRider [...turning 'round and 'round...tryin' to look at her back to see if there be a big red target.... :blink: ]

(Saturday)Finally here safely and got to take inventory of my suitcase. Besides the medicine, my clock is gone and the hose to my camelback hydrator. (must have been kids) Also I had brought rennet tablets for cheesemaking and they had been opened. Guess they wondered what they were. Wonder if they tasted them? LOL Not doing any photos tonight. Too pooped!

Now here's the kicker. After we picked up my suitcase in Deming at the station, dh went into the store for a soda. Suitcase is locked in the travel trailer and a bus pulls up. I was standing by the drivers door of our truck talking to my dogs and in the passenger side rearview mirror I see a man walk up and try to open the trailer door. Then he heads up toward the truck and sees me watching him in the mirror. He ran back and jumped on the bus. Isn't that amazing?

So tonight we are in our normal park and it is still in the 80s at about 9pm. We are leaving the bedroom outside door open as dh has not put the a/c in yet and have no fear doing it. Location, location, location. I love little tiny towns!

Have a good evening all!!!!!!

Archived