MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

About Lois, thank you

suzyq322

Thank you All!

Mom's Memorial Service will be Thursday Oct.21 at Fagan's in Bath NY. I know that there are one or 2 close enough and you are welcome to attend.

Mom was a quiet Lady. She held her head high and walked in the light every day since she first felt the Lord when she was 12 years old.

All her life she was there when ever family needed her. She was only a little girl when she learned to cook from her Grandparents while helping her Granddad take care of her Grandmother.

She and my Dad married when Mom was 16. I, the oldest, was born almost 2 years later.

She quietly helped any one that she could. Almost no one knew where the help came from, or who to thank. Someone with a hungry family would wake one morning to find a bag of groceries at their front door.When the local mens shelter burned, she sent clothes, bedding and food to the shelter where they were staying.

Mom didn't believe in lending money. She said that it made both parties feel bad, the lendee because they had to ask, and the lender because if it didn't get paid back there was hard feelings. BUT she always had an odd job that a person could do to earn the money!!

My goal in life has always been to be more like her. I'm sure that I fell short in every way!!!

Mom never gave advice, she would tell what she would do if she were in that position. She didn't do that for me, though. She always looked me straight in the eye and said "Susie, PRAY, HE will always tell you! Just shut up and listen"

You have no idea what this forum and her friends here meant to her. She was needed again. (empty nest thing,lol)

Do you know that she had only been studying herbs for 15 years?

I had gotten cancer in 94 and that sent her on a never ending quest.

Well, I'm sorry for rambling. I just had to write some of this down before I went crazy.

I just wanted you to know that she needed you as much as you needed her. She loved you as family, as some of you that got close to her knew.

I am using some of your recent posts at her memorial. If there is anyone that would rather I didn't , please pm me.

I love you all, and thank you.

(((((Suzy))))) What a wonderful heritage you have been blessed with! She was so very special and we are so very glad she was in our lives here at MrsS. Take care. You are loved!

Share more Suzy.

As I read what you wrote, I kept thinking in my mind, "I KNEW it!"...I KNEW there was a reason why who she really is, transcended the confines of the internet and touched my heart, as well as others so deeply.

So tell us more about here. I want to be like her when I grow up. Or, I wish I could be more like her.

Mom was always walkin some where. She always walked like she was goin to a fire! Even as a kid I had a hard time keepin up with her. LOL

She always kept busy, never had a lot of spare time on her hands, but always found time for those she loved.

In 95 when I was having my surgery for my cancer, her Mom had hip replacement on the same day. She managed to be with both of us in 2 different hospitals 50 miles apart. Never figured out when she found time to sleep or take care of herself that week. She said later that she didnt know either, she just guessed God took care of it for her.

More later, got stuff to do.

Suzyq

If there's something you can use, it would be an honor. Just be sure to convey how much we love her.

It is amazing that such a person as your mother could communicate in the anonymous way of the internet and still share so much of her loving personality. On the internet people can reinvent themselves and "be" whomever they choose. But even here, Lois chose to communicate in ways that shone through like a beam of light... clearly and strongly. Amazing that we had a good sense of her actual personality.

Suzyq, it has been an honor and a privilege to get to know your mother through the knowledge and information that she shared. May it comfort your heart to see her writings when you're here.

bighugsad.gif

Your mother was well-loved here. She was a special gift that was appreciated and not taken lightly. I lurked around Mrs. S for a long while before finally coming out of the shadows. Your mother's postings were of great interest to me and continue to inspire me. May God bless you and your family. Lois is at peace now, but her legacy lives on.

What a beautiful post. Please, do share more. I'm very sorry to hear she passed. I will pray for you and your family.

You have your own blessings and special gifts, and I'm certain she was very proud of who you are.

What a special lady... I think we can all learn from those gifts she gave to others.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

She was such a nice person and I didn't know her in person, but, by everything she wrote in here.

I've gone to her posts more than a few times trying to find something to use when I needed it.

She will be missed.

Snowmom

Archived