MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Upgrade questions and reports...

Cat

Since the other post refers to the board we just upgraded, I'm starting a new post for questions. And I locked the old one.

Please bear in mind that we're still "in process" and things will get fixed, but it may take time. Your questions and feedback can help us pinpoint the little things that will smooth the way for us all, so post, but please post "gently", as we're working on it all.

:bighug2:

Okay, what did I miss? (I feel stooooooopid!!!)

Sweetie, you never miss much of anything! :happy0203: You're always on top of things.

We kept getting error messages and the program needed an upgrade. Please have a bit of patience while everything is taken care of. And feel free to post any problems you have or questions you have *here*. We'll try to address them.

Yes, it's now called "View New Content", and it's just under the search box, upper right.

If you go into your "Settings" (drop-down menu when you click on the little triangle/arrow beside your user name, upper right), you can choose whether to see "New Content" as either

"Show me all content that I haven't read"

OR

"Show me all new content since my last visit"

That way you can brouse the older stuff you might have missed along the way. Or not! :happy0203:

Most of us will also want to change our time zone settings. I know mine was off when I finally got in.

Unless you LIKE being in the Samoan time zone... :blink:

Yes, it's now called "View New Content", and it's just under the search box, upper right.

If you go into your "Settings" (drop-down menu when you click on the little triangle/arrow beside your user name, upper right), you can choose whether to see "New Content" as either

"Show me all content that I haven't read"

OR

"Show me all new content since my last visit"

And when you do it, it resets it and says you've read everything.

Fair warnin'.

Fair warnin'.

:shakinghead: Well, maybe when you return it will be right??

:whistling:

(**patience, Cat... patience...**)

Fair warnin'.

:shakinghead: Well, maybe when you return it will be right??

(**patience, Cat... patience...**)

I logged out and back in. It still says I read everything, but it should be fine from this point.

Aren't upgrades fun?

(And yes, we appreciate everything y'all are doing to make it work)

:bounce:

OK, I got one for you..................

anybody else have this going on?

when I open any page the smilies are there on the right but the first column is in full view but the second one is half there and half hidden? I can still ckick on them but I want to see all? :shrug:

I click on the Show all button, then scroll over so I can see them all in one column.

:bounce:

Can't find Cats list so I am starting a new one.

Now when I get on and need to us some things like 'size' or 'color' when you click on it instead of being right below so you can click and change it, it is WAY down low and I have to scroll down to see them? a new glitch or just me?

Also no big deal but if you want to look at ' top members' (at bottom of page) it comes up but no stats (like number of posts) and they don't fit the box well?

Still have trouble with the smilies not fiting the box - maybe the columns are too far apart?

Yes it little things but then if we don't fix them now.....................................

:AmishMichael2:

It's pinned at the top of the Sunporch, so get 'em in here.

I still have error screens. And when I refresh, sometimes it posts twice. :(

I can't change or make corrections to a title when I edit. That bugs me. I have always been able to. Sometimes I fix spelling or clarify the subject line so that a search will find the post.

Yeah, Michael, the smilies are irritating that way. But it's a minor problem to me until we get the program working right. :mellow:

On the plus side, I have been able to delete double posts, and I was able to merge Michael's post into this one. That's something.

*SIGH* I just hate changes. <_< I know it's necessary, and I certainly don't blame Darlene. I appreciate all she and MountainMommy and the server/program people are doing. I just don't like needing to relearn stuff I know/knew.

On the plus side, I have been able to delete double posts, and I was able to merge Michael's post into this one. That's something.

Thanks for moving this to here

***( I did it in the other one so you could test to see if you could move it. :laughkick: )

It is like when you are looking for the car keys..................

the more you look , the more they are not there. Then Lori walks into the room and picks them up with : They are right in front of your eyes how can you NOT see them.

( I did it in the other one so you could test to see if you could move it. :laughkick: )

Oh, you are SO thoughtful, Michael... THANK YOU! :rolleyes::grinning-smiley-044:

The downside of that one was that after merging it, the whole thread took on *your* title, which is when I found that I can't edit the titles of any thread, even my own.

So I had to make a new thread with the title *I* wanted, then merge THAT one into this one again!!! :faint3:

(We haf VAYS of doing vhat ve vant... :24: )

Cat...do you have the line of um,..four or five ghost buttons following you around when you are in a forum looking at the list of threads? One is to lock. One is to make a thread a stickie. One is to delete a thread. One [second from the left, I think] is to edit/change the title of a thread.

Now sometimes these ghosts settle down and become solid and sit as an option on each thread line. Most of the time they dance around following my coursor. I try to shoo them away like flies but they won't go. :lol:

Anyway - the one to change a title does work. I've used it. If my 'wonderous' description leaves you confused :lol: ...PM me and I'll try to explain how to find my ghost buttons again.

OR....mebbe I'm the only one who can see them? :blink::laughkick:

===============

And if it's helpful......I'm having more trouble by the day. I can barely post or read anything by now. All the same problems but they are getting worse for me. :shrug:

MtRider [ R we HAVING fun YeT? :curtsey: ]

Traditionally, we don't allow members to delete posts. Troublemakers can post nasty stuff, get something started, and then delete their posts and appear to be clueless/innocent.

Editing is usually allowed until (I think) 12 or 24 hours... a time limit also for the above reasons.

ANY post that you'd like deleted can be done by Darlene or I, and I *THINK* moderators can, but I'm not sure if it has to be the moderator *of that forum*, or if they can't at all. And it could be messed up anyway right now.

Anyone can send me a PM and I'll take care of it.

Archived