MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Upgrade questions and reports...

Cat

Cat...do you have the line of um,..four or five ghost buttons following you around when you are in a forum looking at the list of threads? One is to lock. One is to make a thread a stickie. One is to delete a thread. One [second from the left, I think] is to edit/change the title of a thread.

Now sometimes these ghosts settle down and become solid and sit as an option on each thread line. Most of the time they dance around following my coursor. I try to shoo them away like flies but they won't go. :lol:

Anyway - the one to change a title does work. I've used it. If my 'wonderous' description leaves you confused :lol: ...PM me and I'll try to explain how to find my ghost buttons again.

OR....mebbe I'm the only one who can see them? :blink::laughkick:

===============

And if it's helpful......I'm having more trouble by the day. I can barely post or read anything by now. All the same problems but they are getting worse for me. :shrug:

MtRider [ R we HAVING fun YeT? :curtsey: ]

Got it, found them, understand now why I was confused... THANK YOU!!! :bouquet:

(Ummmm, they don't "follow" me, though... :blink: )

:bighug2:

Traditionally, we don't allow members to delete posts. Troublemakers can post nasty stuff, get something started, and then delete their posts and appear to be clueless/innocent.

Editing is usually allowed until (I think) 12 or 24 hours... a time limit also for the above reasons.

ANY post that you'd like deleted can be done by Darlene or I, and I *THINK* moderators can, but I'm not sure if it has to be the moderator *of that forum*, or if they can't at all. And it could be messed up anyway right now.

Anyone can send me a PM and I'll take care of it.

I made a double post, and wanted to delete one of them (it's ok, I turned it into a irrelevant post, 'cause I could still edit).

I wanted to rephrase a post that came across wrong after reviewing it the next day - can't.

I wanted to correct spelling that made me look like an idiot.

I'm sorry you have had trouble-makers, but doesn't it make more sense to delete the troublemaker, rather than punishing everyone else for what a troublemaker might do?

---------------

Now there is a big blank spot at the top of this page between the MS square/House and some box on the upper right with my icon and sigh out and some other theings I don't know about.

Seems to me rather than changing skins every so often, which I find confusing, and irritating, this section could be used for seasonal/holiday theme, kindof like what google does.

Oh, and the "internal server error" still comes up at least once per visit.

I'm sorry you have had trouble-makers, but doesn't it make more sense to delete the troublemaker, rather than punishing everyone else for what a troublemaker might do?

Experience, Gunplumber... it's born of experience. The sneaky ones can stir up some pretty mean stuff. And yes, we have banned a very few people, but we tend to let them have the benefit of a second chance. Unless it's an obvious spammer.

Can't remember the last time someone other than a spammer has been banned. :mellow:

Dee had trouble logging in yesterday. I guess she's back in, but please, if anyone has trouble getting in, contact me here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsmrssurvival/

I haven't heard whether mom11 has gotten back in yet.

Traditionally, we don't allow members to delete posts. Troublemakers can post nasty stuff, get something started, and then delete their posts and appear to be clueless/innocent.

Editing is usually allowed until (I think) 12 or 24 hours... a time limit also for the above reasons.

ANY post that you'd like deleted can be done by Darlene or I, and I *THINK* moderators can, but I'm not sure if it has to be the moderator *of that forum*, or if they can't at all. And it could be messed up anyway right now.

Anyone can send me a PM and I'll take care of it.

I made a double post, and wanted to delete one of them (it's ok, I turned it into a irrelevant post, 'cause I could still edit).

I wanted to rephrase a post that came across wrong after reviewing it the next day - can't.

I wanted to correct spelling that made me look like an idiot.

---------------

Now there is a big blank spot at the top of this page between the MS square/House and some box on the upper right with my icon and sigh out and some other theings I don't know about.

Seems to me rather than changing skins every so often, which I find confusing, and irritating, this section could be used for seasonal/holiday theme, kindof like what google does.

Oh, and the "internal server error" still comes up at least once per visit.

Most of the forums I've been on have a short time to edit before the post becomes engraved in stone. This may be standard.

OK, I got one for you..................

anybody else have this going on?

when I open any page the smilies are there on the right but the first column is in full view but the second one is half there and half hidden? I can still ckick on them but I want to see all? :shrug:

:happy0203:

The Emotion box works now!

:cele:

OK, I got one for you..................

anybody else have this going on?

when I open any page the smilies are there on the right but the first column is in full view but the second one is half there and half hidden? I can still ckick on them but I want to see all? :shrug:

:happy0203:

The Emotion box works now!

:cele:

I am one happy boy! :woohoo:

Thanks to whoever did this. :bouquet:

But now they stopped moving?

:AmishMichael2:

You know what I miss is the up arrows on each post that way when I got to the bottom all I had to do was click the arrow and it took me right back to the top of the page.

It's fixed.

Cudos to all for their hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to fix typos in "the Edge" and couldn't do it without posting and then going back to edit. Haven't run into that in other forums, but haven't tried all of them. I didn't get a cursor and my delete button wouldn't work. Couldn't go back and type in additional words in a sentence without backspacing out everything in between.

You know what I miss is the up arrows on each post that way when I got to the bottom all I had to do was click the arrow and it took me right back to the top of the page.

It's fixed.

Cudos to all for their hard work.

Ann, where is the arrow? I miss that too.

• 1 month later...

On another thread I clicked at the top to "watch topic"....now I can't find where to go to "watch topic".....most likely it is right in front of me, but I can't seem to find it... :ashamed0002:

It should show up on the main forum home page under "Recent Topics Added".

After you click the "Watch Topic" button, it takes you to another screen with the following:

Subscription Information for Upgrade questions and reports...

Please choose your notification method.

You will receive a notification when a new reply is made to a topic you are subscribed to.

No Notification

This option will not send out any notifications, but will retain the topic in your subscriptions panel.

Delayed Notification

This option will send out a notification if a reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

Immediate Notification

This option will send out a notification immediately after a reply has been made, regardless of your activity.

Daily Digest

This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies for the day

Weekly Digest

This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies for the week

Then, click "Proceed"

Edited to add the rest of the instructions.

I was making a post in Consumer Affairs and it would not let me post. While looking at the screen I saw a line that said I was not allowed to post a picture with "that" format. I was also informed that a moderator would have to review the post before it would be allowed to post. :shrug:

Archived