MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introduction and some sad information

Lynnee

Hello! A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I was a member here as "Lynne_in_WI." Well, I'm not in Wisconsin any longer, hence the change of name. We have been in Texas for almost 5 years now, and love every minute of it. All of the kids are grown and married, and Sam and I have 4 grandkids that make life sunny.

The sad information concerns another poster from days long past, and some of you may remember her. Shepherd was her MrsS nickname, and she was a wonderful person. Shepherd passed away on November 15th. She had been successfully battling lung cancer but it metastasized to her brain, and was inoperable. She was only 58 and leaves behind her husband Brad and her other family members.

I just wanted to make sure that those here who knew and loved her were aware of her passing. Hugs to all.

Hi, Dee! I remember you, too! Nice to see you as well. I don't remember anyone nicknamed Honeybee or Drone, however. How are you doing? Weren't you at that midwest "reunion" in Davenport, Iowa? I am almost sure that you were, along with Becca Anne and her family, me and my two little (at the time) kids, and Homey.

BTW - - - Joey is now 23 years old and lives in Madison, Wisconsin, is going to school and living his own life. Holly is married, and has two little boys, ages 4 and 3, and she lives down here in Texas on our property. I love just walking across the yard from our house to hers to see Xander and Toby!

Thanks for the kind words, Darlene and Alexis. MrsS will always occupy a special place in my heart. Hugs!

Lynne!!!!! I'm so thrilled to see you post :) Yes it was me and my family and Dee and Homesteader at the reunion! I'm so sorry to hear about Shepherd. :bighug2:

We moved to Oregon 7 years ago. I decided to go back to school and I'm in my final year of nursing school this year. Cassie is in college too :) Max is in H.S., Jake is in Middle School and I had Nick 9 yrs ago after you left the board. He's in 3rd grade. And as you can see by my avatar I'm expecting baby #5 in May!

• 2 weeks later...

Becca-Anne! So good to see you, too! Wow! You have been busy! How do you like Oregon? Are you homesteading out there, or what? Congratulations on the babies, too! I remember that your kids were awfully cute and VERY well-behaved! How neat! And nursing school? Wow! I am very pleased to tell you that I am no longer working as a nurse, although I suppose I will always be one. Between the job and some auto-immune issues, my body just couldn't do it anymore, so. . . .I'm officially "disabled," even though I can still walk, talk and function most of the time pretty well! lol!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I went on a trip to Portland! We love it in OR. I wish we were homesteading, but we live in town for now. I am sorry you can't continue nursing, but there are other contributions you can make even if you can't do hands on patient care :) I really love it so far. I will be doing my clinical integrated practicum at a family birth center so I'm really happy. My long term goal is to be a CNM :)

Archived