MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please help me think of a meal to use this food

As I was cleaning out my pantry I found 2 packages of Biscuit Gravy mix. Needless to say it's expired, but I think it's still fine (it's just a powdered mix, after all) but I'd like to use it ASAP. I was thinking of putting it over rice (or maybe pasta) but what else could I add to it that would be semi healthy? Don't say put it over biscuits b/c we don't really eat biscuits (I'm not sure why I bought it!). Any ideas? Simple is best. Thanks!

You could add to it, like some bulk sausage or hamburger and serve that over rice or toast?

Of course, the obvious thing is to have it over biscuits...but you said not to say that didn't you? :grinning-smiley-044:

Maybe some country fried steaks with gravy. Yummy, :happy0203:

You can use it in any creamy-based casserole. Any casserole you might add cream of mushroom soup to, mix this up and use it, instead. It won't be exactly the same, but you can use it up and add what you like.

Add cheese and bacon and any guy will eat it! LOL

:happy0203:

Having used several packages of expired gravy mix, taco mix, etc, that were all fine, I don't think the date will matter.

Mashed potatoes and gravy are good, too.

Ditto the mashed potatoes. I'm so glad someone else has a hard time using gravy. I've been making it, because we've been having roasts and things that are good for making gravy, but I don't eat the kinds of things that you can put gravy on very much. It's hard to think beyond biscuits and mashed potatoes.

well you did say "healthy" so I guess chicken fried steak is out. Ummmmmmmm!

I was thinking of pork chops but I guess they are out also. Darn

grilled or baked chops are healthy!! I have a hard time with gravy uses too because it screams for bread and I'm trying hard to stay away from bread ... carbs you know ... but I love me some gravy, and biscuits, and mashed potatoes, and rice .... you know ... carbs :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Gravy mixes make good additioins to soups that need thickening.

Archived