MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

lawyer problems, prayers for a house

Carie

Can it continue again...maybe still continuing....lol

Hello ladies!

I wish I could say that we have moved to a new-to-us rental and that our bankruptcy was finalized and all was back to normal. but I can't say any of that. The lawyer that we paid on July 15th, the lawyer that came well recommended, the lawyer that said our papers would be filed by the end of the week (of July 15th) hasn't filed our papers. He contacted us by email because he forgot to have us sign a paper but we couldn't see him until we finally were able to contact him the middle of Aug. Then he needed updated copies of our bank statements and check stubs (because they weren't the newest since it was over 30 days from when we thought he was going to file). So we got all that together, again, asap and have been waiting for him ever since. He says he has filed, has the case number, but we never receive an email. Then he says he has mailed the papers but it has been over a week and we still haven't gotten them (and the filing fee is still in my bank acct).....and now he isn't answering his phone. An answering service on Friday said that his son was in a car accident on Friday morning and critical and no calls would be returned till Monday (today).......but really, why didn't he get this done in July???????? It should have been done in July.

Murphy's law kicked in during the month of August....I needed 4 new tires, dh needed 2.....other stuff, you know how it goes but we don't have the money to pay ANOTHER lawyer to do this especially when we already paid one lawyer in full. Very frustrating!

And we got our first foreclosure notice. :(

The credit card companies are getting upset because we have been telling them we would give them the case # but we still haven't. Dh is so very angry about this.

AND we can't find a rental. Almost all the rentals in our area are in town and 2 bedrooms. We would prefer the country and 3 bedrooms but even when I call the 2 bedrooms nobody will return my call. Then we found a house that we heard a rumor might be willing to be sold contract-for-deed.....in the country, 4 bedrooms, below our price range, closer to dh's work by a lot....in other words, perfect. Dh thought that God had led him straight to this house (it was physically hard to find). But the owner wants to try to sell it outright first......so we wait. And we heard rumor that 2 other buyers are lined up.

I've been trying to stay strong for my emotional-new-Christian dh but I am weak and just about ready to give up. I can't deal with all this stress anymore. I want to run away and live in a tent somewhere.

We managed to get the bus route fixed so that they would pick up my oldest son at our house rather than me having to meet them somewhere. But the pick up is at the end of our driveway, where my brother lives. My son finally told me that my uncle was yelling at him the other morning, trying to pick a fight. My son is 14. He doesn't need this stress. We need to be away from here. But here we are.

I feel so downtrodden but then I read the caringbridge blog of a local woman who is a year younger than me, has 3 small children and terminal lung cancer. She never smoked, always exercised. They gave her 5 months and she has made it 10 but they told her not to expect a miracle. She is praying for one and my problems seem so small. At least I am healthy. I'm not dying. And I feel bad about my pity-party.

Please pray that my attitude will improve. God knows best and I don't, but that's sometimes a hard pill to swallow.

Blessings,

Carie

Even the mother with lung cancer can find someone, somewhere who has more problems than she does. That does not lessen her pain and suffering, and it does not lessen yours.

You are dealing with so much, we are proud of you for hanging in there.

If there is a Legal Aid office anywhere near you, check with them and see if they can help you with this attorney problem. You should at least get your money back immediately. And, he should be in trouble with the State office that watches over the attorneys. Legal Aid in our state is for those unable to pay regular attorney fees, and I believe ours covers a 3 or 4 county area, and they are very busy.

:pray:

I know that everything is falling around to pieces around you - you feel so helpless and frustrated - yet isnt it wonderful that God keeps reminding you (by showing you a glimpse of others' trials) that you are not alone in your walk through the 'valley of death' (a frightful and horrifying place). There are many paths through it, eqach chosen carefully by God to teach and strengthen his people. I pray that you and yours will stay on the one that leads to salvation, as you are tried, tested, and strengthened through adversity. Dont forget the terrible lessons learned at such a painful price so you can lend a hand to another in the future. Meanwhile, I am praying for you all to persevere and succeed.

I would get in touch with another lawyer and ask them what you can do they are by law supose to give you free consulting, me and my husband went bankrupt filed with the lawyer and in less then 2 months it was all done and over we got a case number right away

Archived