MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Unbelievable Weather

Necie

It is crazy for NE Indiana. Been in the 40's and 50's....and I've been stuck in the house with things that *need* done. Well, they're DONE....so now I can go OUT and get things done. :) It's suppose to be in the 40's today and 50's through Thursday, I think. So that's FOUR days! YAY! This is very rare around here and I'm taking advantage.

DH is headed out to cut wood and I'm gonna move the jr does from the barn pen down to a back pen. I need to get their barn pen cleaned out for KIDS! Will have kids some time in Feb. (friend has one of my does and when she kids, I get the kids and she is *buying* ($$ or trade) the doe--that way the kids have my herd name, but is at her house when she comes into milk so her production won't get screwed up being moved. Then I have four sr does due starting the beginning of March and two jrs due late April/early May. Before we know it, we'll have kids bouncing around EVERYWHERE. :happy0203:

I've noticed on FB that quite a few people around the country are having milder than normal weather. Some are concerned about trees/plants budding out too early. So, how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Enjoying it or concerned?

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!

:bighug2: and :kissy:

We were nice and warm, mid to high 70's last week. It is now cooling off, this morning it was 30 and there was some snow in the mountains. (Heading east.)

Hope every one has a wonderful day.

:bouquet:

Like you Neci our weather is amazing. Amazing is not being over used in this case either!!! Almost the middle of January and today it's sunny with a high of 50 predicted. January we usually see a week or so of minus 20 degrees so it's just a crazy wonderful month....so far!!!

I'm sure winter will hit before long but before it does I keep thinking of the gas and electric bills being so low. No heat lamps for baby's, which we don't have anymore but others do. Can you imagine lambs and kids being born now and NOT having expensive heat lamps on them. It's just perfect.

I do have iris up about 5" which isn't good but I don't worry about them, they'll come back. I do wonder about the budded trees people have. I don't know how how it will affect them, especially the fruit trees.

Time will tell but at this point it's just too nice to worry about!:eclipsee_Victoria:

Highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's. No rain at all for weeks. Not totally unusual but the Sierra Nevada ski resorts are really hurting without any snow.

I love this weather but it makes me nervous when we don't get rain.

It's been warm here too. The high should be in the teens or twenties but it's been in the 40-50's. Easy on my heating and snowplowing bills.

We broke the rainfall record this year and it's still been raining. If we get much snow and then have a spring thaw, it could be bad here. They are concerned it will crack or move people's home foundations. Our ground has been saturated for months already.

Got quite a bit done today. :) Put the gate back on the back pen. It was originally chain link and the bucks liked to jump it. :shakinghead: I constantly worried about them getting a back leg stuck and breaking it, so it had been replaced with cattle panel and when the bucks were moved, the gate was moved with them. So chain link back on and 3 jr does moved in. The front side of their new pen borders the sr does pasture, so now they're getting used to each other...and Kagan and Ari. :happy0203: They have never been nose to nose with the dogs. They've always been on separate ends of the barn, so could *see* each other, but paid no mind. Now they're not sure what to think of these BIG things sticking they're noses through the fence. :animal0017: With the sr doe pen bordering the outdoor pens (bucks are in the front, jr does in the back), I like to keep the outdoor feeders on the BACK side, so the big girls can't swipe everyone elses food. They're PIGGIES!! :feedme: So I had to clear more path through the brush to get to the back side of the little gals new pen and DH had to make me another barrel hay feeder. Finally got to cleaning out the kid pen in the barn about 3:00. dry.gif Worked on it for about 3 hrs and figure maybe another hour in the morning and it should be ready to spray down. :woohoo:

Archived