MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Job interview!

HazelStone

And, it went pretty well. I actually over-prepared. I might get it, I might not, but there is a reasonable chance at least. And there's a lot more skills to learn than the person who referred me in had told me about.

Some navigation issues, and I got thoroughly LOST downtown (parking garage's street entrance hard to find), but it was a beautiful warmish sunny day. Good for a hike. Though my feets are blistered now. And I noticed something amusing as I wandered. I passed by an enormous church done in neo-gothic style that is on the national registry of historic places. I'd walked by and driven by before, but I happened to notice something. Within the sharp angles where the windows poked out from the roof, small TREES grew there. I wonder if the pastors let them grow there as a lesson, or just couldn't pay someone enough to scamper up the 4-5+ storeys to take them out? Gave me a smile, anyway.

One of the only wise things I've ever heard Oprah say was to look UP sometimes as you walked through a/your city. Her studio was in Chicago, which is magnificent with lots of architectural gems. (And I've tromped around there plenty). She said she sometimes made a point to stop and look upward where she was and it was amazing the cool details you could notice. It applies to any city of size really.

Just don't gape too much with your head tilted back, it's bad situational awareness. :ph34r:

Argh. The opening is "cancelled." I've gotten that status on several other things I applied to elsewhere.

Oh, no!

Maybe they'll remember you when the next seat comes empty, though.