MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Uggggggggggggggg...I hate doing this. :(

Darlene

Annarchy recently contacted me to let me know that our renewal for our server and message board program is due this month...

Up until a couple of years ago I paid all the costs for the site. It was my gift to the membership and I've always felt it's my responsibility. Life changed for me however and I found myself in a position where I couldn't afford even the small amounts of renewal fees so I had to be kicked in the hiney by a few of our friends here to come public and ask for help in getting those costs paid for.

I'll not whine and go on and on about having to ask for help for those things...it looks ridiculous when I try to put it in the written word. So, I wanted to ask, if there are any members that are able, to help with the 2 fees we have coming up this month. I'm not sure how much it is to renew our yearly fee on our server is (I need to get a concrete number from Annarchy and will make a post here once I find out for sure. I do know that the fees are on sale right now so thank the Lord for that). To renew our message board program is $55 . That will take care of our site for the next year.

As usual, we only need enough funds to cover those two things. Once we have enough we won't need any more donations. It doesn't matter if someone wants to donate $1 or $5. As we all know, each dollar adds up quickly and it's not an insurmountable amount.

If anyone would like to help, please send me a PM and I'll forward you my info for mailing it. If you're not able to help financially, I'd cherish your prayers over the site.

Thanks. :)

An update...

The fee for the renewal for our message board program has been taken care of so praise the Lord for that. We're working on the serve renewal fee so I just wanted to let everyone know where we're at with all this.

A very heartfelt thank you.

Yes, several people have sent via paypal but, I think, in just a few short hours the outpouring of the membership giving donations has taken care of of the above site renewal fees.

I'm just sitting here amazed at how quickly y'all rushed in to help, and within 12 hours we have what we need.

I haven't posted alot for a long time. It started when I just started feeling very quiet...when I felt a need to go into my 'cave' (that happens every so often)...when I felt like I really didn't have anything to give and various things that were going on left me feeling I didn't have anything to say. And then, life became a whirlwind with family coming to visit from all over the world and all the work that went into preparing for that, dealing with that, etc etc etc.

I've been feeling for a month or so that this 'quiet' was coming to an end. I've been talking to the Lord alot about it...with so much going on in the world, with all the critical things we face, I keep telling Him that I have nothing to say or offer so if He has something He wanted me to say then He'd have to boil it up in my heart...or at least I prefer that whatever I share be something He's laid on my heart vs. me and my various ramblings. :0327: I find it interesting that He begins with me being humble and asking for help. In fact, the more I think about that, the more interesting I find it.

I'm such an independent kind of girl...always have been. One of the things He's worked in my life over the past 6 years or so since we moved to the farm, is a growing dependence on Him. The neatest part, or the most meaningful part of that is that dependence grew because He showed me over and over that I could trust Him. Trust is a big thing for me, as it is for all of us and because He's taught me to trust Him, it shouldn't surprise me that He touched many hearts today to reach out and help whether it be financially or in prayer. But it does.

Y'all have touched my heart in a very special way today. MrsS has been online for more than 15 years now and the special thing that has always been so meaningful about 'her' hasn't changed over these years. That special thing is all of you.

God bless.

awwwwwwwwwwww...you're so sweet. We definitely have enough to cover the yearly fees for the message board and server for the next year. We might just have enough to get the server paid for 2 years so we'll see what happens. It doesn't matter though whether it's 1 or 2 years...y'all have helped more than I can say.

Blessings.

When I went to pay the message board fee, I ran into a problem (couldn't figure out their invoice) so I had to email them to ask them how to do it. I also asked them about the 'yearly fee' of $55.

I'm really offended because they informed me that the message board fees are $55 for 6 months, not a year anymore.

This is ridiculous. As with all things, I'm sure that we'll see these types of things going up and up so I've been discussing this with Annarchy. I *think* I still own a license to the UBB board we used to use so I'll ask her to check out the features and see if it's compatible to move the site there. With the UBB board there wouldn't be any yearly fee nonsense. I know this would be a major upheaval to the board but I'm just trying to think of ways that we can secure the site the best we can for the tumultuous days ahead.

Anyway, I just wanted to give y'all an update because I haven't paid anything yet with the monies I've received thus far because I'm trying to figure out what will be best for MrsS long term.

We are all here for the long haul. Whatever you decide will be fine. Those who could send help, trust you to do whatever it takes to keep us going whether through money or prayers or both. I'm just thankful we all have someplace to come to regardless of how it looks.

We are all here for the long haul. Whatever you decide will be fine. Those who could send help, trust you to do whatever it takes to keep us going whether through money or prayers or both. I'm just thankful we all have someplace to come to regardless of how it looks.

What she said........

My thoughts too :)

I'll be mailing my contribution out today. Mrs. S has beena huge blessing to me, both with the info, and the wonderful people I've met here.

Ok, GoDaddy just called me about the renewal. He said that it would be $108ish for 1 year, and said he could give us a discount if we renewed for 2 years at $195ish.

Annarchy suggested we cut out a few 'frills' on this particular message board...I'll have her explain better about which ones. That would bring the renewal down for this message board to around $30ish/6 months or $60ish for a year.

The UBB would be free because I bought the licenses over a decade ago when they offered "for life" things like that. We're not sure everything would be transferrable, but Annarchy would have to explain the specifics.

Right now, I've received about $180 from the membership to cover these fees. I can put in $20 to bring it to $200. I guess I'm trying to see if we can get the server paid for 2 years vs. 1 year and save $24.

Any thoughts?

I just received another $60 in the mail today. Please forgive me if I don't send "thank you's" to everyone individually. I only know some of you by your online name and not your real name and I find myself thinking when I open up an envelope, "hmmmmmmmmmmmm...now who is this?" lolol

I think that I'm going to take a portion of the monies and get our server paid for for 2 years...I think it best that it not be something we have to worry about. We'll look at the message board considerations and figure out how we want to proceed with that.