MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Unusual weather threat today...

Cat

A huge area is covered in a severe weather threat today. Stay safe, friends. :wub:

If you don't hear from some of us for a while, electricty might be off. Keep praying for each other. :pray:

map_specnews07_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.

I'm in a tornado warning until midnight. It's supposed to be just as windy tomorrow too. My hatches are battened but my fence is starting to wobble. I just hope the trees around here stay upright. The last time it was this windy my little town took a bad hit. Trees and branches everywhere. Pine trees are the worst. I got rid if mine just in time. :pray:

We didn't even lose power - I'm amazed! And thankful! :wub:

It got pretty windy even after the major storm went through. It's still blowing, but the woods absorb a lot of that. And since the leaves are off, there is much less to make a tree break down or fall. We had a couple of very small branches hit the roof, and the driveway had some, but nothing major.

DH called me at work today and said we lost our old apple tree. :yar: We had saved it (pruning, patching rotten area of trunk, & lots of compost) after purchasing our place last year. We knew it had problems but having those apples early in the season kept the squirrels away from the really good apple trees. :thumbs: