MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coronavirus. Are you concerned?

Guest Joyfilled1

Guest Joyfilled1

What do you think about this new virus? Not that many dead (17 last I heard), but China quarantined 5 cities, one with 11 million people in it. Yikes. 

Thoughts?

Guest Joyfilled1
On 1/23/2020 at 6:46 PM, TheCG said:

If China is quarantining that many cities, there's something they're not telling us.

From what I understand, it's up to 14 cities now, affecting 10s of millions of people. Ummmm.... really? For 1000 infected and 40+ dead??

This is from Alerts USA.  This virus is called Novel Coronavirus.(2019-nCoV).  First case Seattle, WA. Second case was Chicago O'Hare and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International.  The US Embassy China issues Health alert update. Level 2  Practice Enhanced precautions. for China Novel Coronavirus.  City of Wuhans bus, subway, ferry, and long-distance passenger transportation will be suspended from Thurs. 23 of Jan. due to this virus.  CDC issues updated situation summary on China virus outbreak con't to expand, more person to person spreading expected.  China suspends bus, rail transportation in/out of Huanggang 70 km East of Wuhan, to limit spread of the virus. City of Ezhou is also on lockdown. The US gov. issues new Travel Advisory as of jan 23ed due to the coronavirus. China orders travel bans on 8 more cities to slow the spread of cornavirus, They are now Wuhan, Huanggang, Ezhou, Chibi, Xiantao, Qianjiang, Zhijiang and Lichuan.  Their are 63 other patients in 22 states here in US that are now under investigation pending lab results.  That came in this morning at 10:16 on USA alerts. This so far is the info that I have received so far from USA alerts. 

• Thanks 1
Guest Joyfilled1
16 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

This is from Alerts USA.  This virus is called Novel Coronavirus.(2019-nCoV).  First case Seattle, WA. Second case was Chicago O'Hare and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International.  The US Embassy China issues Health alert update. Level 2  Practice Enhanced precautions. for China Novel Coronavirus.  City of Wuhans bus, subway, ferry, and long-distance passenger transportation will be suspended from Thurs. 23 of Jan. due to this virus.  CDC issues updated situation summary on China virus outbreak con't to expand, more person to person spreading expected.  China suspends bus, rail transportation in/out of Huanggang 70 km East of Wuhan, to limit spread of the virus. City of Ezhou is also on lockdown. The US gov. issues new Travel Advisory as of jan 23ed due to the coronavirus. China orders travel bans on 8 more cities to slow the spread of cornavirus, They are now Wuhan, Huanggang, Ezhou, Chibi, Xiantao, Qianjiang, Zhijiang and Lichuan.  Their are 63 other patients in 22 states here in US that are now under investigation pending lab results.  That came in this morning at 10:16 on USA alerts. This so far is the info that I have received so far from USA alerts. 

Thank you, LS! (and hey, that's me, too!)

Have you heard anything about the passenger that came to LAX from Mexico City? I believe it was last night. They said he/she was being monitored for displaying disturbing symptoms. Then....nothing. Ummmm.....disturbing symptoms??? What in the world does that look like? I can't imagine being on that plane, and I see a lot of problems with this:

1. Disturbing symptoms, on a plane. And everyone else is breathing this same air??

2. Are they monitoring the rest of the passengers and crew? How? Incubation time is estimated at two weeks. Are they "mingling" for two weeks?

3. The plane....it came from Mexico City, not China. That means that if this person is infected, they've been in touch with people not only in LA, but Mexico City as well, two huge cities. I have family in Mexico, a few hours from Mexico City. I'd rather it not go there.

Then of course, maybe the person didn't have it at all. That could be, I suppose.... :/

10 minutes ago, Guest Joyfilled1 said:

Thank you, LS! (and hey, that's me, too!)

Have you heard anything about the passenger that came to LAX from Mexico City? I believe it was last night. They said he/she was being monitored for displaying disturbing symptoms. Then....nothing. Ummmm.....disturbing symptoms??? What in the world does that look like? I can't imagine being on that plane, and I see a lot of problems with this:

1. Disturbing symptoms, on a plane. And everyone else is breathing this same air??

2. Are they monitoring the rest of the passengers and crew? How? Incubation time is estimated at two weeks. Are they "mingling" for two weeks?

3. The plane....it came from Mexico City, not China. That means that if this person is infected, they've been in touch with people not only in LA, but Mexico City as well, two huge cities. I have family in Mexico, a few hours from Mexico City. I'd rather it not go there.

Then of course, maybe the person didn't have it at all. That could be, I suppose.... :/

Joyfield, I didn't hear anything about anyone from Mexico City and it didn't come in on the alerts.  So unsure of that one. But yes they could have come in contact and or had a fever that could just be flu related. Will have to wait and see on that one. 

At this time I am not concerned but am being watchful and preparing. I am taking precautions when I go out like using hand sanitizer and keeping my hands washed with soap and water. I carry  kleenex to keep my face covered if anyone in a store coughs or sneezes and leave that isle as quick as I can. Then use the sanitizer again as I keep that with me.  Then when I get home I go and wash my hands and my face. Just to be on safe side. But try not to go out if possible. We don't go out much anyway but DH and I both are cooking collards for Farmers market and I have to go pick up RX's at times. Not worrying at this time just taken precautions.  I think right now unless we live near where someone has come in contact around your area just being cautious is all we can do.

Edited by Littlesister
spelling. Keys sticking bad.
  • Like 1
Guest Joyfilled1

I agree....watchful, careful....

Yesterday my hubby and I went to the store for groceries and preps. We touched doors to the cold food stuff....made us wonder. Is that being careful? Nothing happening in our neck of the woods, so I'm not really concerned right now....but gloves aren't a bad idea.

Guest Joyfilled1

Cautious and Careful is good! At the store yesterday, after opening multiple refrigerators, we wondered....at some point maybe wearing gloves will be a good idea too. We are okay in our neck of the woods, but still. Better safe than sorry!

12 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

:yuk::yuk::yuk:

:ashamed0002: :blush: :ashamed0002: :blush: :ashamed0002: :blush: :ashamed0002:

Sorry y'all. I should have warned you about the *F* bombs, but this vid addresses TWO concerns:

1. Dr. Berry's vid said this particular virus can be transmitted between animals and humans. This vid points out a POSSIBLE point of origin - Bat Soup!
  2. It also addresses the wackiness of "the earth can't sustain us"  position, AND the movement against eating meats, etc.
  3. This vid also takes on cow farts being "responsible" for "climate change."

So, all in all, I think it is worth watching. Try your best to "ignore" his favorite adjective and concentrate on the WHAT of his content. (It also helps - a lot - if you turn on the CC so you can SEE what he is saying and concentrate on the facts before you.)

• Like 1

Midnightmom. Don't worry about it we are all trying to learn what to do and we will just have to overlook the F word and learn from the video. It was an interesting one. 

The last USA alert coming in is that US State dept. evacuating AMCITS from Wuhan, charter flights being arranged, consulate temporarily closing in city. So I am going to take it these charter flights will be coming into the USA.  Not a good thing.  

Wearing gloves when going into the grocery store or even pumping gas as here we pump our own gas. Would not be a bad idea, BUT, you still have to remember, Do NOT put your hands near your face. Otherwise you are defeating your purpose. I carry sanitizer wipes with me and use those to open the frozen cases and toss them in trash when done. They have cans at the doors and registers and a lot of stores now have sanitizer hand wipes at the doors to wipe down your carts with. 

• Like 1

CG, nothing that China does would surprise me.  From what I have been hearing is that the virus has flu like symptoms but can go into pneumonia. So could be why China is putting pneumonia on the death certificates. The virus itself is viral not bacterial. Pneumonia can become bacterial.  I would think that this virus would be put on the death certificate unless it went into pneumonia and that would be the cause of death. But my guess is that they are covering up a lot of stuff. 

• Like 2

Media distraction...and this flu has been around for a very long time.  The people there live in poverty, filth, bad water, hunger, cold and who knows what else.  Who would be surprised that "population control" would take on something like this? Just my thinking!

It was reported on the news today that 3 cases may have shown up in VA.  Not much talk about it yet so may not be confirmed. So far well over 2000 cases in China with about 54 or more deaths.  There is also a confirmed case in AZ. now. Also LA, CA. and Orange Co. CA all confirmed. The last one as being isolated at an unspec. local hospital.  And also USA Alerts said the  US state dept. is pulling employees from Wuhan consulate via charter flight on Jan. 28th. Some space for private US citizens as well will be on plane heading back to states. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, The WE2's said:

this flu has been around for a very long time

Many are saying this is one that has been around, but has mutated.  And they want people coming into our country at will?  They'll walk up to the agent, stick our their tongue, get their temperature taken, then 2 days later they're sick!  Some preventative measures huh?!