MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's keep in touch on a weekly bases on how we are doing

Today, I'm going to chop up produce and freeze it for future green smoothies.  I have so much green in the freezer, it's getting ridiculous.

We're still under nothing more than the "less than 10 people" rule.  Hubby's planning on all of us going to see his sister tonight, about 45 minutes away.  She need TP and pasta, apparently.

Edited by TheCG
  • Like 4

I am doing well here there is 8 cases in my county, I am considered an essential service provider as a postal worker so have to go to work 6 days a week :gaah: as far as home we have what we need for most of the next couple of months except milk and eggs as living in a subdivision  I can't have a cow and my chickens had died off last year while i was caring for my mom and wasn't replaced as i didn't have the time or energy for them (how stupid was that decision) .  Church has been cancelled here as well as the 10 or less in groups preferably less and the 6ft. distance between each of them, stores are closing earlier at night so they can clean and restock and have limits on a lot of the items because of the panic buyers who wiped them out,   will keep everyone in prayers for safety

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Glad to hear from you, Pauline!  Yeah, I get the chicken thing.  I gave away our last few ducks in Dec.  Cuz DH was going to have surgery.  But found surgery wasn't recommended.  And then comes 2020 with a whole rash of stuff that would have made even taking care of a few ducks laborious.  THEN came COVID ....and we're rethinking that.  :shrug:   So far we're able to get enough eggs...putting some in waterglass bucket.  But...they are not FRESH eggs from a source we know....and know what the birds are eating. 

MtRider  ...so far, mostly normal here.  COVID is out there, near enough to stay home but that's my normal anyway.

• Like 4

My family is doing well, which I am thankful for as two of my children have compromised immune systems. We are staying home and only going out when we need to. Thankfully we live rural so even if we are out in our yard, we don't have close contact with anyone. 

My state in some area's have very high cases of this virus. They are turning old, shut down entertainment venues into what they are calling "field hospitals". It seems like overnight cases are doubling. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

DH and I went to Lowe's, big mistake. Though we both had wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves and mask, that place was mobbed. No nothing to wipe down baskets, people there in crowds. No only 10 people, the place was packed more than I had ever seen it.  We went ahead and got what we needed and left.  People not wearing mask or gloves and not keeping their distance. We needed to get the garden soil and top soil so we can get the garden going this afternoon. We came home and jumped in showers before doing anything else. I have never felt so dirty after coming out from Lowe's before. It was either just the big crowd or my brain was thinking cuties. But DH said the same thing. He felt dirty after leaving the store.  Now it looks like we are going to get rain Decided to rest up a bit and then go work in garden. 

Found out our yard man that cuts and trims our yard has the Coronavirus. He is a firefighter. He is home and doing better. He was here last Monday to cut grass but I was not around him. He didn't even wait to get paid. Just left as he does that sometimes. 

Otherwise we are doing well.  This COVID-19 is moving up the ladder here in VA. More and more people are getting it now. If it wasn't for DH deciding he was going to do a garden, we would not have gone out at all. Didn't like taken that chance with him going out to a store but he was bored and wanted to get out. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, Littlesister said:

my brain was thinking cuties.

Yes,  that's exactly how I felt ...CROWDED AND DANGEROUS in our little feed/seed store.  ICK!  Want to wash hands every time I touch something!  We're all germaphobic now.....with reason.  :pray:  you are both ok and well sanitized from cooties! 

:wave:   Hi Kathy003.  Good to hear from you.  I've seen data coming from Michigan and it doesn't look pretty.  Rural is so much easier to endure the Shut Downs.  :lois:  

We're fine.  Walking dog in Forest nearby or on our lonely road. 

MtRider  :amen: 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well, here it is the middle of June and feels like a cold, wet Sept. day.  Temps in the 60's, with off and on rain.  Sun is trying to peek out a little. 

Been so busy with DH since before April with his heart issues that I really haven't been on here as much.  

DH is going to have his procedure on Thursday morning. Please keep him in :pray: .  He is a tad bit stronger with the phy. therapy.  Was able to get him to the car and in it with no help this time. He had to go to hospital for labs this morning.  We have to be in Norfolk by 6 am. I will be driving there this time as it has been 20 years. So going to take a trial run tomorrow morning. Things there has changed a lot. Not to mention just going to the tunnel from my side of town He has to stay in hospital over night, so I will be staying with him.

Hope everyone has been doing well and keeping safe from this virus.... I haven't been able to keep up with many of the post over the last couple of months. Lots to catch up on when DH  is better.  

Hope everyone's gardens are doing well and the canning is going great.   Once this procedure is done and I have DH settled at home again, I am going to start heavy on canning meats and ordering veggies by the bushel a little at a time to can. First tomatoes, then green beans, peas and other things that we need to restock on. Need to get some more soups and such canned as well. So much to do and here it is the middle of June already.  I did inventory my canning jars and I am good. But still going to pick more up here and there and maybe next month order some more canning lids as well. Once I start canning I will be going through them fast. I now have 2 pressure canners. So that will be a big help in getting things done faster. Looking at getting a second water canner as well. This time I want a stainless steel one. I think they would last much longer.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

With all the storms that are out there right now, I know some of you are in those storm areas. Right now in the Atlantic there are 5 storms brewing. Accuweather is watching the 4th one more closely. That one could be a possible hurricane but to early to tell yet. So thinking that everyone in the path of these storms to just check in and let everyone know you are ok.  I know the storms have hit a lot of middle states.  Stay safe and let us know you are ok.

• Thanks 1