MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mrs Survival….Thank you!

ANewMe

After Darlene’s email this morning I just can not pass up the opportunity to say Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has made this place available. I was literally in tears as I sat at my desk reading the email. 

I backed into this site back in 2008. I don’t remember how but I do know with every bit of my heart it was God thing. It was during that time that we started going through some really tough and dark times. Times when I really didn’t have many that I could count on or depend on…but I had this place. I made friends here and there were several ladies that I really looked up to and valued their wisdom and guidance. It was during this time that I planted my first garden, bought my first canner, and baked my first loaf of bread. Not only did I learn frugal living tips and how to do all of the above but I was nourished spiritually by the examples of many here. 

We soon got things together and moved, which was a life changer for us. We bought a house…mended our family and I truly found the Lord in a real way. Life happened…And I kind of drifted away from here, prepping and sometimes my Faith. I popped in here and there but recently I found myself really missing what was here. Last week I dropped in just to see if anyone was still here and I found myself wanting to go back and read everything even if it was old. I just missed the connection. I had made up my mind that regardless if there were only 3 people or 100….it didn’t matter. This was home I was staying.

Just like going home to a grandparent….the memories are so sweet. I remember everyone planned a gathering at Darlenes to meet and share skills and fellowship. I remember all of the exchanges of Christmas cards or ornaments. The Bible studies…the laughs…the tears. That’s just something that you don’t find very easily…at least not the genuine kind online. 

So thank you Darlene for your email. Thank you to the mods and everyone who has put in the work to keep this place available so that we can all come home. Love to you all.

Edited by ANewMe
  • Like 9

You are proof positive, ANewMe, that the Lord is at work and He has a meaning and purpose for all of us here.

I'm so grateful to be able to discover what some of those things are with you.

• Like 1