MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I blew it up... again. šŸ™„ I canā€™t tell you how many blenders Iā€™ve went through in the last 40 years. This one lasted the longest... probably cuz I didnā€™t use it much... cuz I was afraid Iā€™d blow it up. šŸ˜

It was a nice Hamilton Beach. Not sure if I even want another one, but if anyone has a Necie-proof, indestructible recommendation... Iā€™ll listen.Ā :gathering:

• Like 1

I have a food processor. Itā€™s what I usually use. Iā€™d decided to try the blender cuz stuff ends up finer. I went back to the processor. Itā€™s about 35-40 yrs old and I use the heck out of that thing. The good thing is, without the blender it makes room on that shelf for my juicer. I wonā€™t have to go to the basement every time I need it. šŸ™‚

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Ā 

That surprises me about the Vitamix. I thought they were the best.Ā :shrug:

They definitely are a top brand. Not sure how her son burned out 2 with just chocolate shakes.Ā 
Ā 

I grind grain in mine, dog kibble into powder for pups etc and never had it whine or cry or give up.Ā 

• Like 3

Necie, I know what you mean having to go to basement when you need an appliance. I don't have room on my kitchen counter for all of my appliances and have to run out to garage for what I need. I only keep the ones I use all the time on counter. I did move the mixer into the kitchen as that KitchenAid is heavy. Got tired of lugging it up 3 steps from garage when I needed it. Shoulder and neck issues changed that problem for me.Ā 

• Like 1