MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi from Texas!

debi

REALLY? We are looking for land in/around LaVernia!

Tell me, how is the drive into SA? My dh is a plumber and is works mostly in SA. Also how's the water? Our wells up here are not doing well. We had to have ours dug down another 80 feet just lst spring, which brings it to a total of 395 feet deep!

Hi debi and welcome to a great support forum. East Texas member here and love this homey place. Lokking forward to getting to know you debi, Vine and chinagirl97. :D Rhonda

REALLY? We are looking for land in/around LaVernia!

Tell me, how is the drive into SA? My dh is a plumber and is works mostly in SA. Also how's the water? Our wells up here are not doing well. We had to have ours dug down another 80 feet just lst spring, which brings it to a total of 395 feet deep!

:D Debi,

The drive into SA is not bad at all even with all the new subdivisions going up around here. I am actually right between Floresville and La Vernia. It takes about 20 mins to get to town. I have 5 acres and had a well put in around 1996. The water in my opinon is fine. Sure helps to have the well if you plan to have a garden. Around here the soil is pretty sandy! La Vernia is a little clic ish! Floresville is pretty open and accomodating to everyone...Just my opinion. But, since more and more people are moving into the LaVernia area that may change.

Cindy

Hi debi and welcome to a great support forum. East Texas member here and love this homey place. Lokking forward to getting to know you debi, Vine and chinagirl97. :D Rhonda

Howdy, East Texas member! I graduated from Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches.... I love East Texas pines and area. Its great to have so many here from the great state of Texas....heh heh heh...have been following some of your great comments too

:D Debi,

The drive into SA is not bad at all even with all the new subdivisions going up around here. I am actually right between Floresville and La Vernia. It takes about 20 mins to get to town. I have 5 acres and had a well put in around 1996. The water in my opinon is fine. Sure helps to have the well if you plan to have a garden. Around here the soil is pretty sandy! La Vernia is a little clic ish! Floresville is pretty open and accomodating to everyone...Just my opinion. But, since more and more people are moving into the LaVernia area that may change.

Cindy

That is so what I did not want to hear! We were hoping to get away from the crowds, not join them. Hmmm,,,need to do some re-thinking!

I am east of San antonio about 80 miles in Gonzales county. Glad to see another Texan posting. I work in north San Antonio the drive in from my area is not bad takes about 1:00 to drive in I-10 to 1604. there is some good land in the area of around Seguin and LaVernia. Just make sure not to get too close to the river. Make sure you do not buy in a flood plane.

Hello ladies. I am in south Texas and really learning alot already by reading your posts. Thank you. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you too! B)

Greetings Vine! :woohoo:

Seems our Texas bunch is growing! What part of south texas? How far along in prepping are you?

Nice to hear from you!

Archived