MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I was wondering...

Darlene

Here are the ones that met their fate last time.

Pictures024.jpg

:wormie2:

John

Wow! those are some huge looking chickens! My barred rocks don't look that big. I had to do in a rooster that was terrorizing the neighbor's boy and could have used the directions. Instead the resident hawk had a free meal.....I'd rather would have had it for dinner.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C4C, yeah, I'm looking to do it this fall.

The last time was awesome...the people that came were beyond awesome and I'll cherish getting to meet them face to face and to spend the time I did with them, forever. It was an awkward time for me though because Ihad just moved in the prior year, had 2 knee replacements and bought a fixer upper...right before the last get together I had a family emergency and had to do a major intervention, blahblahblah.

2 years later, I've come a long way, made alot of progress, gotten organized, grown alot, and am just wanting to gather everyone together once again.

We can do whatever people would like. Butchering chickens again is fine...if we want to do that, I'll get some meat chickens to raise up that would be ready by then, maybe even a turkey too. I just raise layers right now.

If there's anything specific that people would like to experience, feel free to share.

How neat!!!!!!

Maybe another chicken killing/prep demonstration..with fried chicken following.

Momo, you're not that far from me. I assume you and hubby will come?

Enquiring minds wanna know.

:nail:

Does anyone know if Westie is planning on coming out? For me it's a major plane trip from the West coast. . . if I needed to, I could hop down to LAX and join a flight with her for the company...not to mention I'd offer to drive.

Sounds like a good use of my mad money! I will have to fly. Just need details! WOOHOOO!

If I can book one of those really insanely cheap tickets ages in advance, it might be nearly possible. Especially if I could ask hard cash for my birthday the month before from friends here.

sounds wonderful i would love to do it will have to shake the finance tree and see if there is a way to get the money to drive down with my 3 monkey's and take a mini vacation on the way.

Does anyone know if Westie is planning on coming out? For me it's a major plane trip from the West coast. . . if I needed to, I could hop down to LAX and join a flight with her for the company...not to mention I'd offer to drive.

No, I don't think westie would be able to make it this time.

I know that it's quite a hike for you to travel, but it would be awesome if you could come.

Having been to a few MrsS get togethers, I just have to say that there is just something profoundly moving about gathering together with friends we've made here online. It leaves one with memories that are cherished forever.

I hope and pray that many of you will be able to make the trip.

Hi all,

At this point, I sincerely don't know if I can go. I had travel vouchers last time that paid my way. This time...I just don't know. Trips from the Northwest go into the hundreds...car rental, etc.

Also, more importantly, I just received notice YESTERDAY that working on my dissertation again is a "GO". It's a really big deal. It's been on hold since the summer I saw everyone last (for lots of reasons). Push has come to shove and I MUST finish. Right now, October is looking like major writing time. :) I'll know more as the months pass.

I have to agree - it was fun, enjoyable, we learned all sorts of things....well worth the time and money if you can make it. If I could snap my fingers and be there, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :):wub:

Hi All,

I haven't read all of the replies (although I will) but just wanted to say that we had a wonderful time at 'Camp Darlene' last time and will make every effort to attend again.

I'm always interested in more firearm instructions and VERY interested in Bee Keeping. I'm not sure anyone would be interested, but I'll share my very basic Crochet and Knitting (new interest).

The time frame of late September and early October, sounds great.

Thank you Darlene for your generous heart and gift of hospitality. I can't wait to see all the 'improvements' and additions. Just one thing....Jesse and Josiah said that they hope they won't come face to face with THAT Barbie Doll again. lol

Darlene was gracious enough to let Granny and myself run the last of the apples she had cooked through the squeez-o. Someone's arm got tired & it wasn't mine.

:tapfoot: Hey! Whadda ya expect, I'm an old lady with bat wings. Should have recruited T for the "apple dumpling gang" :24:

Darlene--we would love to come but I don't know what state or where or if our finances would see fit. I enjoyed the last time's post on it. I know I would learn something. ( (I haven't seen chickens being killed since I was a kid--except for the time my MIL killed them. I didn't like to see them flop around so I was given an inside job. I remember it sure did stink when my grandma would dunk them in hot water and singe the feathers. Boy, that was awful. We would tell her we weren't going to eat those chickens for dinner, but then she would start cooking them. Boy did they smell good. Tasted even better. She knew how to get to us grandkids. Fried chicken, mashed tators, real gravy, homemade biscuits, vegetables of all kinds, and homemade desserts--MMMMMMMMMMMMM.) Can you tell I am on a diet? :laughkick:

I'm always interested in more firearm instructions and VERY interested in Bee Keeping.

Just one thing....Jesse and Josiah said that they hope they won't come face to face with THAT Barbie Doll again. lol

Now that's a great idea Steph...MommaDogs was the one who introduced me to bee keeping and I am forever grateful she did. It's not hard and the rewards are plentiful, so we could definitely do something with that.

Tell the boys that I have tons of Barbie Dolls, back when I used to collect all kinds of stupid stuff lol. Madison would be heartbroken if they didn't come so expect her to start hounding you about coming.

Darlene--we would love to come but I don't know what state or where or if our finances would see fit.

I'm up in north Georgia AMBH...about 1.5 - 2.0 hours north of Atlanta.

• 4 weeks later...

Back online, want to check cheapo flights.

Is a date set yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Christy, I was so caught up in life that I missed your post.

I'm thinking about October 1-3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). How does that strike everyone?

For those that might fly, the airports in Atlanta or Chattanooga are the closest. Atlanta is the biggest airport and probably would have the best fares.

Anyway, I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on those dates.

Hey Everbuddy!!

Sorry I have been so scarce, I'll try to post an update this evening, LIFE HAS BEEN HECTIC! But in the meantime, just wanted to say these dates will be fine, but we are pretty flexible. According to Henry's work schedule, I may only be there Sat/Sun. But, we'll sure do our best to be there! Would LOVE to see everyone!

Stephanie

Sounds good to me, is this in stone?

:wormie2:

John

Unless anyone has any serious objections, I think October 1-3 would be perfect!

Archived