MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Changes! Suggestions?

1 hour ago, Daylily said:

Something I noticed is that there seems to be no way to go directly to the last page of the thread. When I click on a thread title, it takes me to the first page and I have to click on the last page. Not a big deal but just a bit inconvenient.

I have noticed the same thing.  I'll check to see if there is a way to make the links go the the last page of a topic.  :scratchhead:

Hmmmmm....out_of_the_ordinary..It might have been the system was still indexing.  It seems to finally be done now.  Let me know it you are still having trouble.

Don't worry about it Daylilly, you should have seen how many time I messed up, before I figured it out.  LOL

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Didn't we used to have a members list?

Yes, we used to.  

I searched all over the 'internal workings' to see if I could add a list.  

One option puts the whole list on the front page, and we have a lot of members.  The only other option I found, is in the search box.  After clicking in the search box, it will show "This Topic" with a down arrow, click on the down arrow and choose members.  I typed in "a" and it produced a list of everyone beginning with the letter a, 134 pages.  

MemberSearch.png

On 4/2/2017 at 7:36 PM, Jeepers said:

Yikes. There was a link at the bottom of the main page that said something like, 'top posters of the day' and 'top over all posters'. It doesn't matter to me. I just noticed it was missing.

I added a little more info at the bottom of the main page for you.  :bouquet:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dogmom4.

As I browse and research code, I will try to add more to the list, and update the basic ones.

FYI Everyone:  Today I have worked diligently with our providers and they have "GUARANTEED" the horrible warning page will be removed.  Or I get my money back, lol.  Seriously, I don't want my money back if it gets rid of that nasty warning.  That warning has given me restless nights, anxiety attacks and massive headaches. 

Wow, just read thru this thread.  LOTTTA WORK to do all this!  This thread highlites some of the progress as y'all got used to the new stuff.  I'm coming in WAY after most of the decorating has been done.  :bouquet:   Thanks to Annarchy and to the rest of you who helped her find the pieces of missing furniture, and unpacked boxes and noticed stuff.

PS:  Seems like everything is working for me now.  No warnings....I'm coming straight in!  :woohoo:  Slowly finding WHERE the buttons are located...but seems like they are all there.  :D

MtRider ....kinda glad I wasn't in on The Move.  :o

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

I was about to ask that same thing, Daylily.  Looking for a button to turn on...or something....to "go to first unread post"in the thread.

MtRider  ...some many new [or moved] buttons  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider
On 4/25/2017 at 9:31 PM, dogmom4 said:

Just checked and the warning is gone on my old chrome book!

:woohoo:

11 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

I was about to ask that same thing, Daylily.  Looking for a button to turn on...or something....to "go to first unread post"in the thread.

MtRider  ...some many new [or moved] buttons  :rolleyes:

I'm still looking through the new codes for that and to somehow make the home button bigger. Sorry it is taking so long.   A second option, for "Home" is clicking on "Forums" or the "MrsSurvival Discussion Forums" title.

Today, I am backing up our site, so I can install the next update that is supposed to fix a couple of 'bugs'.  So, if'n the site is running a tad bit slow, right now, that is why.

One can personalize which notifications you get ...and how often. 

:busted:   Don't ask me how.....I forgot already.  Just pushing new buttons.....  :happy0203:

Dogmom...the star/circle in Unread posts page?  Hmmm?  Dunno either....

MtRider  :shrug: