MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

3 Eggs in the Eagles Nest

Dee

I followed them last year. Thanks for the link, Dee. I'd misplaced it. The usual number of eggs is 2 but 1 to 3 is possible. Unfortunately, it always seems that at least one of the babies doesn't make it when there's more than two.

We are fortunate to have a couple eagle's nests in our area though they aren't being web cammed. The DNR sort of tries to keep them secluded so they aren't disturbed.

On a side note, If an Eagle is injured or sick, it is flown to Minnesota to a very special rehab center. We've helped with several of them over the years and it's quite a sight to see an eagle fly United. :grinning-smiley-044: (swans go also and that is really a sight to see too. Big birds, those.)

:bighug2:

Just watching her Arby, they only have three eggs yet. Just watched her (maybe him this time of day?) tuck them nicely under her. Good parents for sure. They may have been referring to the past. It's just a bit early for hatching, I believe. It's going to be fun watching. Wish I could put the video in the corner of my desk top and just keep them company.

:bighug2:

Thank you for the link. Looks windy right now.

We have a set of dove that are making a nest in one of our trees. All day long one works to bring nesting material while the other sits.

Where we go to swim is a protected eagle nesting area. Each year we are thrilled to see them and as summer approaches we see them head north out of the heat. I have tried to capture them on film, but most pictures turn out blurry.

Ohhhh, two eagles!!! He just flew in with a stick! Change of guard and I got to see the 3 eggs! ..it gently rearranged one egg and took a seat on top...

So awesome!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. two chicks so far. She was just feeding them bits of shredded meat bits and was settling to keep them warm , moving bits of fine twigs and nesting materials to give them more air in front of her as she settled upon them carefully.

afternoonmouse.jpg

It looks like there will only be the two. If you look close, you can see that it looks like the chick tried to get out, but, didn't make it. :( That is so sad. I could be wrong.

HUGS5-1.gif

thththhavanicewknd1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived