MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

September's Final Saturday

mommafitz

HI ALL!

Gonna try poppin' in and out today. Haven't been on again for a couple of weeks. Have been busy. Working in the house today cuz it's chilly and wet outside. Suppose to warm up and be nice again the beginning of the week.

Working in the kitchen today-DBF is playing with the stove at the moment (since I'm trying to clean it he has to get in and try to 'fix' things

Necie - that's too funny about the turtle and the neighbor's dog! Now that you've killed it what will you do with it?

I have an advanced CPR class for health care providers today, and then an essay to finish and submit for an on line class, so I guess that will be my day.

Have a good one all!

Hello everybody! Hope everything's going well for all of you! DH and oldest are at a rifle match this weekend and having fun with camping and shooting. I'm here with the other 3 boys and hoping I can get a bunch of little projects done in between their messes and being a referee.

I'll have to make a run to the store for a few things. The cats are almost out of food, we're out of olive oil and need a few other little things. Will be doing some laundry and going for a walk this morning since it's still nice. We've had temps near the 80s the past couple of days but that'll be changing quickly. The leaves are turning to bright yellows and oranges and just look fantastic!

Hope everyone has a great day, that games are won and things slow down so there can be some rest!

Take care,

Well in addition to getting ready for inspection, last week was Homecoming week, so we've been busy.

We did go to the game last night, we lost 55-0. And that's not our worst loss of the year so far. Those boys have heart, but no leadership. We only have two seniors this year. We play six man here, and must have a 12 man roster, and that's exactly what we have.

Our homecoming queen is a seventeen year old single mother. Not sure why that bothers me, but it does. I guess I see the younger girls (my youngest DD included) thinking it's really neat to be homecoming queen, so let's be like her!

My oldest DD is now the mascot. She was GREAT at it! She did get brokenhearted because she scared two little ones at the parade. She even tried taking the head off to show them who she was but that didn't help.

Thursday I did somewhere close to 20 loads of laundry at the laundrymat. With inspection coming up, I wanted to get it all done, so it was worth all the money I spent.

Today I'll be finishing putting the laundry away (too tired Thurs night, then gone all day yesterday), redoing the linen closet, showing DS how to put stuff away in the linen closet so it's not a mess, cleaning the yards, and re-arranging the kitchen. Hopefully finishing up in my room, too.

It's nice to finally be able to cross some of the "big stuff" off my list.

Hope y'all have a productive and wonderful day!

Mo7

DH is away for the weekend. i asked him to stop in tot he store on his way home from the island and pick me u p the sims glamour life. (addons for the sims 2) i made 25 bucks extra this week so its my treat. 5 dollars was because i had accidently overcharged a couple customers, and when i corrected it on my till and brought them the difference, they said thanks for being hoinest, and let me keepthe difference. a lady forgot her purse in a booth and when i found it i gave it to my manager, and she contacted the lady and when the lady came to get it, all her money was there and nothing else was missing, so she left me 20 dollars reward.

i also went back to coopers and paid for the my soup. i bought a case of tomato soup, and they only charged me for one can, not one case. so i went back and had them fix it.

i have a lot of house work to do today, so i will have my coffee and post a bit, then i will get to it.

have a good and productive day!

Just now sat down from making pumpkin bread, and figured I'd pop in here. Yup... it's fall. I was almost fooled, but its been cold, rainy, and the leaves are all changing. All I really want is to get into the new house before it gets colder. Only five days until we sign and can start moving!

A paper to write, some cleaning to do... then its off with Hon and his mom for dinner. His dad (executive chef) works events every Saturday night, so it has gotten to be a custom to get together on Saturdays, go out, eat, and catch up.

Other than that, I'm mulling over the idea of going to Octoberfest down by the waterfrount with my honey tonight (Date Nights are the best).

Oh... and I'm taking bellydancing classes with a friend!

We headed out on the open road this morning.

We toured the area that may be the site of our "recreational" property (i.e. bug out location). It is as I remembered it and we liked what we saw. We need to research some info about the natural disasters indigenous to that area, but overall, I think we're sure we like it. We spied one property that we would like to formally look at.

We reviewed the route to that area - its hazards and pitfalls, as well as good points, and discussed possible muster points (if we are separated).

Oh, and we went to the Wally-world out that-away and got 1000 rounds of target loads! Last time I shopped the Walmart near home, they had only two boxes (of 100rnds).

Got home around 4pm, a bit car-weary, and are just relaxing now. My older dd napped for at least an hour in the car this afternoon, so I'm not holding my breath for an early bedtime.

I'm still going to clean up the kitchen and set up stuff to can 20lbs of pears in the morning.

It is beginning to feel like fall around here. The temp is cooler and we actually had a little cloud cover. Our maple tree in the backyard has decided to drop tons of leaves all at once. The patio and the yard are covered! I raked a big pile into my compost area turned around and the patio was covered again. I really do like it when the seasons change though. The air smells different today, too. Maybe we'll get some rain soon. It hasn't rained around here since June. Took ds12 to a Toy's-R-Us and stood in line for 3 hours so he could get a Pokemon character on his gameboy...not so sure I want to do that ever again...but, it made ds happy...so I guess it was worth it.

Stacy

It is beginning to feel like fall around here. The temp is cooler and we actually had a little cloud cover. Our maple tree in the backyard has decided to drop tons of leaves all at once. The patio and the yard are covered! I raked a big pile into my compost area turned around and the patio was covered again. I really do like it when the seasons change though. The air smells different today, too. Maybe we'll get some rain soon. It hasn't rained around here since June. Took ds12 to a Toy's-R-Us and stood in line for 3 hours so he could get a Pokemon character on his gameboy...not so sure I want to do that ever again...but, it made ds happy...so I guess it was worth it.

Stacy

Well, thursday and friday night, my son attended his hunting safety class. He spent the night with DD boyfriend's house thursday night and I thought he was gonna call and he thought I was just showing up, so I ended up driving to where he works (1 hour drive) and the only thing I knew was that it was a rental center and that nearby there was a weird McDonald's...I don't know how old this McD's is, but there's only 1 hump on their arch. Well, after we found that, we continued to drive and drive until it turned into a one way street (nobody had said anything about that, so I knew I had went to far). We stopped at the McD's and my grandson spotted boyfriend's truck. The rental center was right next door...duh!!! Today was the last day of the safety course and I had to pick the two boys up (my son passed, but DD boyfriend's son didn't). Now, I have to get his rifle cleaned and pick up the shotgun that's on lay-a-way. In the middle of all this, I'm still driving my daughter back & forth to work, went to visit my Mom, dropped my grandson off at adopted Dad's, and checked out all the harleys in town for the biker night. I know I should go to church tommorrow, but I think I will just sleep in and try to catch up some. Have about 4 loads of laundry that need done, ever notice how angry people get when they have no clean underware.

Also want to make an apple cake and some orange cranberry bread tommorrow. Maybe make some bean & bacon soup. First I need to get rid of this headache.

Archived