MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Track My Food Storage-has anyone tried it?

I ran across a website that I wasn't sure I had seen mentioned here and was wondering if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it.

You supposedly can set your food storage goals for your family, enter expiration dates, costs, and when/where purchased items and it helps you track and rotate your supplies.

Here is the link: http://www.trackmyfoodstorage.com/default.aspx

Have a Blessed Day

Bobbi

Quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
I'm trying to figure out where it's from. I see they're selling stuff, too.

owner

As you can see by this link, the website was set up by proxy.
It will probably take quite a bit of digging to find the actual owner.
Quote:
I ran across a website that I wasn't sure I had seen mentioned here and was wondering if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it...

It appears that the folks who are in the forum are a group of Mormons from Southern Idaho. My guess is that people are being told about the website through those channels.

"...We would like to know who would be interested in attending if we started our monthy group meetings varying between Rexburg, If, and Pocatello..."

"...I think we need to make sure we follow the council we have been given to begin by getting all our basics..." [council is a Mormon term]

While I would be hesitant to post my food storage there either, we do the same sort of thing when we use commercial ventures to do our taxes online (TurboTax online...) - and taxes are even MORE sensitive.

I can't think of any reason to use this. Actually, I've seen *much* more comprehensive lists on a number of websites and in a number of books. (I signed up for an account so I can check it all out.)

I do use FSP (Food Storage Planner) and like it fine. I just wish these programs would let you add pets in. And it's awfully expensive as compared to something like FSP where you just buy it once and then have it.

I'm not the most organized person and was looking for a good inventory system for preps. I have unused closet space through out my house and want to know what I have, where, how much, where I purchased it, cost, and when I need to rotate it.

I signed up for the free membership but have only printed off info. I don't care for all my info being online either.

I'll have to look into the Food Storage Planner that UrbanFool mentioned.

Have A Blessed Day,

B.B.

Archived