MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I Just Got A Canner!

Amber

I have 2 each! and if you add my stock pots that are turned into water bath canners.. I have about 8 water bath canners!

my pressure canners.. I have the Momma Canner and a Baby Canner. The Momma canner is used for large loads and the baby canner is in my pan cupboard to do left overs.

I have 5 canners (2 papa canners, 1 teenager canner, 1 child canner and 1 baby canner...rofl) and quite a few water bath canners...if you wanna call them water bath canners...I just use turkey roasters, my huge stock pots, etc for my water bath canning.

I miss canning too, to be honest with you. I've been so consumed with trying to sell the house that it's been hard to focus on anything other than that. I do however, think of new things to can, and as soon as I can move, I'm going to jump back into the canning.

Well Amber, as you can see, some of us have more than one canner and some don't.

While I only "need" one, I prefer having more. It's convenient to have different sizes, for different size batches.

Others prefer more than one as it enables them to can more than one batch at a time. smile

I can see it is good to be prepared, and the regular stock pots in my kitchen arsenal are good enough for me now. Whatever fits as the need arises.

I think my first forays into canning will be spaghetti sauce, apple butter and then salsa. My plan for now, that is. Then I want to try the chicken soup/broth. Will see what goes first.

Amber

I have 3 canners, 3 water bath and lots of large pans and pots.

And 2 of the elderly ladies at church gave me 60 quart jars and 70 pint jars this week-end. They know I(can) and bring them goodies during the summer.

Archived