MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Herbal first aid kits

8thsinner

I want to know what you guys would suggest for herbal first aid kits.

Micro kit - Neck carry

First off a medicine pouch made from approximatly 8 inches of leather, almost perfect circle with holes around the edges and thread through, to pull everything together, theres not a whole lot of space here so what are your ideas? but it can be versatile in regards to adjustable shape.

Medium kit - Walk in the woods side pouch

Something which fits into a laundry bag, the ones you put the washing tablets into. About 4 inches across and maybe 6 inches long, it can take depending on filling about 3/4 of an inch in thickness.

Full kit - For home use, also stores refills for other kit contents. Maybe the size taken up by 6-7 dvd boxes.

I do not intend to store the same items in each kit excluding the home kit which can use larger bottles etc for refilling small kit contents.

Also do not include items such as plasters, bandages etc, I always have a bandana and a few plasters anyway, which in a pinch will make plaisters and sling an arm. I also carry a spoon which makes for a suitable if not perfect method of heating small amounts of stuff, or crushing some stuff like a clove.

SO I am basically after your opinions on the very best of what herbs have on offer, I know a bit about my herbs but some of you here know a lot better the versatility of some of these things.

Assume I can get small bottles and tubs to store stuff in.

Thanks for helping me with this...

Sorry this took so long, here is a list I found, Pick out the ones best suited to you.

http://thebestorganics.com/library/Lifesty...balfirstaid.htm

Herbal First Aid Kit

Herbal first aid kits are natural, effective, and fun to put together. A few of the staples require some preparation (salves and tinctures, for example), while other items are simply loose herbs for teas and poultices. A little kit is not only good to have around home, it's handy to have in your tote bag and in a shoebox-size kit for your car for when things happen away from home. Here are some ideas for putting together your kit:

Balm--Mix a balm of olive oil, beeswax, and soothing herbs like calendula , lavender , plantain, nettle, chamomile or comfrey to treat chapped lips and dry skin.

Capsules--Cap up some ginger to ward off motion sickness and other tummy trouble. Carry some cayenne caps, too; cayenne helps stop bleeding when applied to open wounds. (Yes, it burns a bit!)

Liniment--Concoct a liniment of arnica or St. John's Wort for muscles aches and pains, swelling, and bruising. (Don't put arnica on broken skin.) A couple drops of eucalyptus, rosemary, or clove oil will increase effectiveness.

Loose Herbs--Stock some chamomile , fennel , or peppermint for tummy-settling teas. Blackberry root is good for treating diarrhea, while borage and dandelion are good for constipation. Loose herbs like comfrey, yarrow, plantain, marshmallow root or borage leaf may also be used to make poultices or compresses for sprains and bruises, and calendula makes an excellent compress for sunburnt skin. Powdered herbs like goldenseal, marshmallow, gentian, and myrrh gum are great for dusting on diaper rash, bites, and sore feet.

Salve--Mix up a salve of healing herbs like comfrey, plantain, calendula, St. John's wort and/or echinacea to treat bites and stings, burns, minor cuts and scrapes.

Tinctures--Tinctures of comfrey, plantain, and St. John's wort will offer relief for bites, stings and other itching.

Tuck in some bandages, tape and scissors, tweezers, a cold pack and a bandana and you're prepared to take on everyday wear and tear naturally.

This is a good idea 8th. Lois has all the info on the different herbs. You just have to choose which you believe you will need the most for different situations.

I just wanted to add a couple of things. In the very small kit you might want to carry those herbs in capsule form or crush and put them in blank capsules as they will take up very little space and you'd get a lot more variety that way. You could use small film boxes to keep them dry, with each capsule wrapped with a tiny labeled paper ring. These could be swallowed as is or could be opened to make a loose leaf tea. Because these are usually in their powdered form these capsules could be opened and mixed in a plain oil base that you carry for that purpose in a tiny vial and used for wounds or other injuries.

I would carry thyme for it's antiseptic qualities and clove for it's numbing properties. Both of these will sting used in a wound but are extremely effective in a primative or emergency setting. Mixing them in a bit of oil makes them easier to use. I'd probably also do valarian root or lemon balm as both are calming. The valarian root being much stronger. Again, it would depend on the situation you expect to be in when this kit is needed.

You can get more creative with the medium sized kit, adding small pots of multi-purpose salves but even in those the herbal capsules would be useful.

In all of these kits I'd suggest a small simple list of the usage of the different herbs. That way you won't have to trust your memory in a desperate situation.

Great Post,

((( )))

I used to carry both ginger and cayenne, and will probably do so again in a zip loc, but those capsules are not easy to get here.

If any one has a dozen going, I will happily take them.

The wort I will do without, never did like the stuff.

For the rest of the mini kit I am thinking more on the lines of calendula tincture, Tea tree oil, Arnica if I can get it into the tubes I am using....Heres a link...

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=5&Sub=28&PID=643

It does not clearly show the size of these (3 1/2 by 3/4 inches) and not all of the tubes are water proof properly but I can easily carry three and not have to worry about them breaking.

I have a very good Baby balm from neils yard...Which I am thinking of melting down and adding tea tree to. I use it as a general moisturiser, after shave balm, dry lips etc, with tea tree it can only get better right.

Still thinking about the other kits.

I know you said herbal, but I would include homeopathic arnica in the micro or small kit. It's wonderous for bruises and aches and pains and you could re-wrap a few in cellophane or whatever you are using for repackaging. Works quickly, will not take up much space, and will not counteract with other herbs.

Mo7

Is there any paticular reason I should use homeopathic arnica vs arnica cream i could inject into one of my tooth paste tubes?

I think most aches and pains likely to be felt can be applied to externally, perhaps not a sore back...

And I have used one paticular arnica cream with too much success in some cases.

I like the homeopathic because you can use it on muscular aches that go beyond the external application-like deep tissue aches (as in walking for miles when you're not used to it) and because it works really fast. It's also easy to take on the fly, no need to stop, remove clothing, and apply. Especially if you're with a group, once you stop, everyone wants to rest, etc.

Mo7

Thats a good point, on the fly. But your not likely to feel any aches until the day after really, so knowing how things go you can always apply the night before. But true to life I never think about applying creams when I am sitting over the fire with sausages on the go...I will have a look around for the stuff, thanks Mom.

I'm thinking it might not be a good idea to store an herbal kit in a vehicle, due to the extremely high internal temps during the warm months. Wouldn't the heat destroy the effectiveness of the herbs, and possibly melt capsules and ointments?

Haha, neither quickly or easily.

I just squeeze out what I can of the tooth paste, I used to try and store tha excess but it dries out too quickly, drip into upto half the empty space with very hot but not boiling water, shake and leave a day, and repeat the next day until it's spotless inside, I can clean out one in a couple of hours in one sitting but I have a few empty siting around now so I am in no rush.

The hardest thing is refilling them, I need a syringe for getting creams in there, but oils are left to drip in and takes ages, no funnel is small enough.

Cricket

I am not sure about that, it could always be stored in cool bags, you can get cooling bags too which plug into the 12 volt lighter socket. I do not have a vehicle though so I do not need to worry about that right now.

Honey can be used as an antiseptic. It works pretty well but I've not tried it on anything but small cuts and abrasions. I'm not sure about deep wounds but it would be better than nothing for sure.

Did you know that you can also use sugar to stop bleeding? You have to heap it on and make sure you continue to put it on the wound until the bleeding is stopped but I've used it with good results on both animals and humans.

There are a several normal household/kitchen products that can be used for other unusual applications.

((((( )))

Well I know in emergencies super glue can be used to stop bleeding, supposedly a certain type of super glue was developed by some proffessor for use in vietnam, Other people have used regular glues for the same purpose but some can leave nasty burns around the area, better scarred than dead though right.

Honey I have not used yet, I have always had other things on hand, But I know that it draws out infections and has even been used externally for abscesses.

I have rubbed garlic freshly cut on bites and grazes before with good effect. A poltice or plaister should work as well for sterilizing the wound.

Any one tried garlic on burns or rashes?

I am thinking garlic because maybe it's easier to carry, I have tried to carry honey before and it always seems to leek on me no matter what I put it in, but clove or two of garlic is easier to contain.

Great ideas coming out here, keep em coming

Oh forgot to mention, after reading through this list

>>See Bottom of post<<

I am definatly adding teatree oil in it's pure form to the kit, However, The guide taken from the other thread but edited, IMO uses soloutions far far too strong, I have used tea tree in my bathing before for a number of things, Three drops in a probably over filled bath is plenty for regular aches and pains for example.

The suggested idea of 60 drops for acne is not only over kill but a [censored] waste of oil, 5 drops to one litre of rose water is probably still over kill.

Anyway, I am also going to add a few tooth picks and an earbud sealed in a straw to the mini kit, just to make it easier to apply and count drops without wasting or using to much.

I am curently cleaning out an old Dark glass oil bottle probably 5ml or so for carrying this.

Not sure if I mentioned or not but I have recently tried pure tea tree as an after shave balm, OUCH that stings, but you can feel it soften the skin immediatly, and it definatly works against razor (read knife) burn. ( I am trying to learn to shave with a knife...)

Also theres a shop over here which sells a chinesse cream for bites and stings which also works as a bug repellant, the circular tin is only the length of a thumb nail and at most 1/4 inch thick, Gonna add that.

Probably gonna clean out a few of those tins because they are cheap and carry a few other things, not sure what yet.

http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/tea-tree-oil-uses-human.htm

Tea Tree Oil Uses

Human External Page 1

People with sensitive skin should introduce the oil with caution. See Safety! Tea tree oil is not to be taken internally.

Tea Tree Oil General Information

Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-infection oil. It is effective against nail fungus, ringworm, athlete's foot, dandruff, acne and many types of infestations including lice, mites and scabies.

Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting, it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, analgesic (pain killing) and cicatrizant (wound-healing) qualities. It helps the skin to heal by encouraging the formation of scar tissue.

Human External Uses

1.Abrasions

2.Acne

3.After Shave

4.Arthritis

5.Asthma

6.Athletes Foot

7.Bad Breath

8.Bath Salts

9.Bladder Infection

10.Blisters

11.Body Mist

12.Boils & Inflammations

13.Bronchitis/ Bronchial Congestion

14.Bruises

15.Burns

16.Calluses/ Corns

17.Canker Sores

18.Carbuncles

19.Chapped Lips

20.Chicken Pox

21.Chigger

22.Cold Sores (Herpes Simplex 1)

23.Coughs

24.Dandruff

25.Dental Abscesses

26.Dermatitis

27.Diabetic Gangrene

28.Dry Hair

29.Dry Skin

30.Earaches

31.Earlobe cysts

32.Ear Infections

33.Eczema

34.Emphysema

35.Flea Bites

36.Gingivitis

37.Gout

38. Head Cold

39.Head Lice

40..Hair Conditioner

41.Hair Rinse

42.Herpes Lesions

43.Hives

44.Immune System

45.Infections

46.Ingrown Hair

47.Itchy Scalp

48.Jock Itch

49.Laryngitis

50.Leg Ulcers

51.Massage

52.Mosquito Bites

53.Mouth Ulcers

54.Muscle Aches

55.Nail Fungus

56.Nasal Ulcers

57.Oily Hair

58.Plantar Warts

59.Plaque

60.Psoriasis

61.Rheumatism

62.Ringworm

63.Ringworm of Scalp

64.Ringworm of Skin

65.Scabies

66.Sciatica

67.Seborrhea

68.Shingles

69.Sinusitis

70.Sore Gums

71.Sore Throat

72.Steam Inhalation

73.Stye

74.Sunburn

75.Ticks

76.ToothAche

77.Toothbrush Cleaner

78.Thrush

79.Tropical Ulcers

80.Vaporizer

81.Warts

82.Waxing

1. Abrasions & Minor Cuts: Clean area well! Apply tea tree oil full strength to area.

2. Acne: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly onto infected area twice a day or 60 drops of tea tree oil to facial wash, apply twice daily.

3. After Shave Or Waxing: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil onto razor blade before shaving. Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 Tbs of aloe vera gel. Smooth over area.

4. Arthritis: For swelling, add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 2 ounces of jojoba or grapeseed oil; massage into affected are 2-3 times a day. Tea tree oil is very good for arthritis as it is able to penetrate and desensitize irritated nerve endings.

5. Asthma: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a warm damp face cloth and breath through it for 1 minute. For best results repeat daily.

6. Athletes Foot: Clean feet thoroughly, especially between toes. Add tea tree oil directly to feet every two weeks. Or add (?) drops of tea tree oil to ½ ounce of olive oil. Massage on feet and between toes.

7. Bad Breath: (Sore gums & plaque). Add (?) drops of tea tree oil on brush and brush with baking soda. Do Not Swallow!

8. Bath Salts: Add (?) drops of tea tree oill to 1/2 cup bath salt and then apply to water.

9. Bladder Infection: It is important to keep the Urethra clean. Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 4 ounces of purified or distilled water and wash area thoroughly. Add 10 drops of tea tree oil to bath.

10. Blisters: Wash area with soap and water. Apply (?) drops of tea tree oil 2 times daily.

11. Body Mist (Perfume): Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to (?) drops of rose oil, to 1 tsp. of jojoba oil.

12. Boils & Inflammations: Apply a warm wash cloth to the area for a few minutes. Apply undiluted tea tree oil directly on the boil. Warning: If fever is present consult a Physician immediately.

13. Bronchitis / Bronchial Congestion: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a warm, damp cloth; apply to chest or add (?) drops of tea tree oill to a hot bath and soak. Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to cream or oil and massage infected area.

14. Bruises: Apply ice if swelling occurs, add (?) drops of tea tree oil to an arnica or comfrey salve. Apply daily!

15. Burns (Minor): Immediately wash area with ice water, apply (?) drops of tea tree oill to burned area. Repeat 3-4 times daily. For a salve, mix (?) tea tree oil with (?) ounces raw unpasteurized honey and (?) teaspoon triple strength grapefruit seed extract.

16. Calluses & Corns: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 teaspoon grapeseed, apricot, olive, almond or avocado oil. Massage area well, or soak in mixture of (?) drops tea tree oil, 1/2 ounce grapeseed, apricot, olive, almond or avocado oil for 5 minutes, 2 times daily. Once the corn or calluses have become soft remove with tweezers and apply a few drops of tea tree oil, then cover with bandage.

17. Canker Sores: Add a few drops of tea tree oil directly to infected area with a cotton swab twice daily. Add (?) drops to 1 cup of water, swish around in mouth. Caution: Do Not Swallow.

18. Carbuncles: Add a few drops of tea tree oil to cotton swab and apply directly to carbuncle. Repeat twice daily. |

19. Chapped Lips: Add (?) drops tea tree oil to lip balm or moisturizing cream. Add apply to lips as necessary.

20. Chicken Pox: Symptoms are itching, red rash and blisters on the chest and arms. Chicken pox can leave severe scars if left untreated. Tea tree oil reduces itching which can lead to scratching and later infection. Apply tea tree oil to blisters. Allow tea tree oil to remain on 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply silk and satin body lotion to entire area. Repeat every 6 hours or until rash and blisters disappear.

21. Chigger: Dermatitis caused by mite larvae. Usually found in grassy areas. They cause painful eruptions on the feet and legs. Add a few drops of tea tree oil directly to area to disinfect.

22. Cold Sores (Herpes Simplex 1): Tea tree oil can reduce the painful healing time by as much as one half. Apply a few drops of tea tree oil directly to the infected area with cotton swab 2 times a day, to help prevent breakouts apply directly upon onset.

23. Coughs: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 4-6 cups warm water. Drape towel over head and lean over warm water for 10 minutes, "gently inhale". Add (?) drops tea tree oil to vaporizer, steam for 5-10 minutes.

24. Dandruff: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to any shampoo; use daily or alternate with another shampoo. Rub a few drops of tea tree oil directly into the scalp. Or use (?) drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo in hand prior to washing hair. This will help unblock the hair follicles.

25. Dental Abscesses

26. Dermatitis: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to ¼ cup grapeseed oil and massage in areas that have been exposed. Repeat 2-3 times daily. Or tea tree oil can be applied undiluted to the area. Consult Physician if condition persist.

27. Diabetic Gangrene: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1/2 ounce of lotion. Massage onto infected area.

28. Dry Hair, Oily Hair & Itchy Scalp: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly onto hair strands; massage into scalp.

29. Dry Skin: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce carrot seed or sweet almond oil. Massage in to skin.

30. Earaches: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1/4 cup of warm olive oil. Drop a small amount gently into ear, tilting head to one side for a minute. Use small cotton ball to absorb oil. Repeat until improved.

31. Earlobe Cysts: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to both sides of the ear lobe. Use warm cloth to open pore before adding oil.

32. Ear Infection: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1/4 cup warm olive or almond oil, drop a small amount gently into the ear.

33. Eczema: Add (?) drops tea tree oil to 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil, massage in areas that have been exposed. Repeat 2-3 times daily.

34. Emphysema: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 3-4 cups warm water. Drape towel over head and lean over warm water for 10 minutes or you may add (?) drops tea tree oil to a vaporizer, steam for 5-10 minutes.

35. Flea Bites: To disinfect bite add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to area of bite. Repeat every 2 hours or until swelling and itching has disappeared.

36. Gingivitis

37. Gout: For swelling, add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 2 ounces of jojoba or grapeseed oil; massage into affected area 2-3 times a day.

37. Head Cold: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 4 cups water, drape towel over pot of warm solution and inhale. At night add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a vaporizer. Also rub on nose and forehead areas.

39. Head Lice: Add (?) drops of Tea Tree Oil to 1ounce shampoo. Massage into hair, leave on for 10 minutes, rinse; repeat once a day until eggs and lice are gone.

40. Hair Conditioner: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 Tbs. olive oil then add one whipped egg. Apply conditioner for 5-10 minutes, rinse.

41. Hair Rinse: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil into 32 ounces of water.

42. Herpes Lesions: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil with 1 capsule of Vitamin E. Apply 2 times daily. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. You can also add (?) drops of tea tree oil in bath water; or Sitz bath: (?) drops of tea tree oil and 1 tsp aloe gel, soak well.

43. Hives: Add(?) drops of tea tree oil to 2 ounces of witch hazel. Massage infected area.

44. Immune System: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce of olive or almond oil and massage into skin once weekly. This will help strengthen your immune system. Or add (?) drops tea tree oil to your bath water. You can also add a few drops tea tree oil to an aroma light, humidifier or to a boiling pan of water.

45. Infections: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to infected area twice daily.

46. Ingrown Hair: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to area; repeat every 2 hours or until signs of infection disappear.

47. Itchy Scalp: Apply (?) Drops of tea tree oil directly into hair strands or massage into scalp.

48. Jock Itch: Apply (?) drops of tea tree oil to ½ ounce grapeseed oil. Apply 2 times daily. Or you may apply tea tree oil undiluted to the area. Cover the area with a care cream afterwards to reduce the drying effects of the tea tree oil.

49. Laryngitis: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 cup of warm water, gargle 2-3 times a day. Also add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce of your favorite mouthwash. Caution: Do Not Swallow.

50. Leg Ulcers: Apply (?) drops of tea tree oil to 3 cups of warm water or add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce grapeseed oil. Shake well and massage into area.

51. Massage: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to massage oil.

52. Mosquito Bites: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to area of bite. Repeat every 2 hours or until swelling and itching disappears.

53. Mouth Ulcers: Dab ulcer with undiluted tea tree oil every two hours.

54. Muscle Aches: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce of grapeseed oil. Massage well. You can also add (?) drops to bath water and soak.

55. Nail Fungus: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to nail and tissue surroundings. Repeat once daily for a week.

56. Nasal Ulcers: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly onto infected area, use cotton swab to apply.

57. Oily or Dry Hair: Apply (?) Drops of tea tree oil directly into hair strands or massage into scalp.

58. Plantar Warts: Apply tea tree oil full strength to affected area 2-3 times daily.

59. Plaque: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil on brush and brush with baking soda.

60. Psoriasis: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 cup of sea salt and put in bath water.

61. Rheumatism: Add (?) drops of warm tea tree oil directly to area and massage.

62. Ringworm: (Is not a worm but a fungus) Add tea tree oil full strength, repeat 2 times daily. | Read more about Ringworm | http://www.ringworm.bz/

63. Ringworm of The Scalp: (Is not a worm but a fungus) Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 2 ounces of shampoo. "Mix Well" use until condition improves. | Read more about Ringworm | http://www.ringworm.bz/

64. Ringworm of The Skin: (Is not a worm but a fungus) Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce jojoba oil or aloe vera gel. Repeat 2 times daily | Read more about Ringworm | http://www.ringworm.bz/

65. Scabies: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to area in the morning and at night. Note: This can cause irritation to people with sensitive skin. Consult a Physician if improvement is not made, within 10 days.

66. Sciatica: Add (?) drops of warmed tea tree oil directly to area and massage.

67. Seborrhea: Inflammation of the skin around the scalp, face and sometimes other areas of the body, it appears as a dry or greasy scaling of the scalp. It looks similar to dandruff. In severe cases a yellow or red scaling papules appear along the hairline and behind the ears. It is also common on the bridge of the nose, the external ear canal and on the eyebrows. Infant Seborrhea in known as cradle cap. Bathe using tea tree oil dissolved in your soap. Pat dry. Apply morning and night. Condition should disappear in a week to ten days. If condition persists consult a Physician.

68. Shingles: Add (?) drops of warmed tea tree oil directly to area and massage.

69. Sinusitis: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a pot of heated water. Drape towel over head while leaning over pot of solution, and inhale gently. At night, add (?) drops to vaporizer.

70. Sore Gums: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil on brush and brush with baking soda.

71. Sore Throat: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 4 ounces of warm water, gargle 2-3 times a day; (Do Not Swallow) or add (?) drops of tea tree oil into pot of warm water and breath in vapors for 10 minutes. Add (?) drops tea tree oil to vaporizer.

72. Steam Inhalation: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of steaming water. Cover head with towel and inhale. To relieve congestion and fight infection. |

73. Stye (Hordeolum): Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to a pan of hot water, drape towel over head and hold over pan for five minutes.

74. Sunburn: Mix (?) drops of tea tree oil with vitamin E oil, almond, or avocado oil and apply twice daily. When applied in time, it can bring immediate pain relief, and prevent reddening and blistering. Repeat as often as necessary. In cases of severe sunburn, apply (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to the affected area. The pain will vanish almost immediately, and blistering of skin will be prevented.

75. Ticks: Apply (?) drops directly to tick and area. If tick does not back out of skin, use tweezers to remove it. If cold-like symtoms or ring like pattern appears; consult a Physician.

76. Toothache: Add (?) Drops of tea tree oil to mouthwash and gargle. Do Not Swallow. Or add (?) drops of tea tree oil with 1/2 teaspoon aloe vera gel and directly apply to infected tooth.

77. Toothbrush Cleaner: Apply tea tree oil directly to toothbrush 1-2 times a week to remove bacteria.

78. Thrush: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to 1 cup of warm water, gargle 2-3 times a day. Also add 5 drops of tea tree oil to 1 ounce of your favorite mouthwash. Do Not Swallow.

79. Tropical Ulcers: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil directly to area and gently massage using a cotton swab.

80. Vaporizer: Add (?) drops of tea tree oil to vaporizer. This is very effective for head colds which effect nasal and sinus passages.

81. Warts: Apply full strength tea tree oil to wart. It may take several weeks for wart to dissolve, depending upon conditions.

82. Waxing Bikini Area/Legs: Before waxing allow (?) drops of tea tree oil to dry on area. Repeat same step after waxing, and then 2 times the same day. Redness and swelling should subside within 24 hours.

Archived