MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Clues you no longer are city girl (For Darlene)

cookiejar

If someone mentions *binge shopping* and instead of Macy's you think Cows....

If acquiring a tan involves an ATV and a romp around a pasture instead of a booth at a salon

If you consider a 500 gallon hottub more for the extra water storage than spa affects

If your front lawn doubles as a pasture

If your pet could not only NEVER fit in a handbag like Paris Hilton's but could possibly bring down a bull elk

If your pet would consider Paris Hilton's pet as a possible snack

If you buy organic cause...basically that's what's grown out here

If a traffic mess to avoid is Sunday after service trying to get back out on the highway

If MapQuest gives you directions that include "Turn at the House with goats"

If you are "the house with goats"

If explaining how you ruined your manicure involves animals or garden implements

If canning has more calming effects then Bikram Yoga for you

You are no longer a city girl

turn in your card,

laugh

Talk about a set up...geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...

DarleneSwoon

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
If someone mentions *binge shopping* and instead of Macy's you think Cows....

No.

If acquiring a tan involves an ATV and a romp around a pasture instead of a booth at a salon

Yes.

If you consider a 500 gallon hottub more for the extra water storage than spa affects

No diff than Miami....always thought of my pool as extra water storage.

If your front lawn doubles as a pasture

Yes.

If your pet could not only NEVER fit in a handbag like Paris Hilton's but could possibly bring down a bull elk

They never could, no matter where I lived.

If your pet would consider Paris Hilton's pet as a possible snack

Always would, no matter where I lived.

If you buy organic cause...basically that's what's grown out here

Always have, no matter where I live.

If a traffic mess to avoid is Sunday after service trying to get back out on the highway

No, traffic is only bad up here on the weekends with all the CITY people invade.

If MapQuest gives you directions that include "Turn at the House with goats"

No, we actually have street names...like Chat A While, Squirrel Hunting Road, etc...you get the picture.

If you are "the house with goats"

Nope, I'm innocent.

If explaining how you ruined your manicure involves animals or garden implements

I haven't done manicures in years.

If canning has more calming effects then Bikram Yoga for you

Never liked yoga, always adored canning.

You are no longer a city girl

Nope, I guess I'm not, but I sure do live in unadulterated God's country.

turn in your card,

You're dreaming chica...you're the one who's busted.

darlene

laugh

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Ad on:
If you call something with just two lanes "A Highway"

grin

Of course...what else would you call it?

darlene

lol

Ummmm.... whistling A first class redneck bowling ally? grin

10133-P14.jpg
Originally Posted By: Necie
Originally Posted By: Darlene
Ad on:
If you call something with just two lanes "A Highway"

grin

Of course...what else would you call it?

darlene

lol

Ummmm.... whistling A first class redneck bowling ally? grin

10133-P14.jpg

rofl
Oh the horror! grin

*ahem*
A two lane road! It's a asphalt paved road!

What calling it a *Blacktop* suddenly designates it as a highway? cool

I was deer in heat mad when they went and put 2 yeller lines down r country road.

Every one know'd what side the road to drive on, sept that couple from the city. Bettcha they was from one of them there other coutries. Ya know, the ones that have the steering wheel on the wrong side of them there cars.

Dang messd up everything. Deer won't cross the lines. Wife is praying cause aliens musta done it, and as far as I am concerned it's dis tracting cause my tractor don't fit on just one side of the road anyway.

Yep them city foke goes a screws up everythang.

HillbillyOveralls.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I have retina eye damage from that 1.gif.

But "deer in heat mad" was a great line. rofl

And WHEN did "I tell you what" become a complete sentence? I tell you what..what???

I'm down in homestead (where the sidewalk ends-south) and they say...just look for FR191, it's just off CR30, yonder down the road a piece. What is the fr? what is a cr? and how long is a yonder?????

I'm sure some areas might call it "State Route". And it's fine. wink We just call it State Road around here.

I grew up on a "US"... US 6 runs right past my former house. It's one of those roads that goes completely across the nation. When I learned that as a child, I wanted to drive on ALL of it... just see where it goes.

One of those dreams that will probably never happen. shrug

I hear it gets pretty "hairy" now through Chicago. eek

~~~~~~~~~

"The Grand Army of the Republic (Memorial) Highway"

AKA "Roosevelt Highway" in the 30s.

At first, U.S. Route 6 was a short route running between Provincetown on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, to Brewster, New York. Over the years it was extended in stages to transcontinental length as improved roadways moved westward. It was in 1937 that AASHO approved the extension of U.S. Route 6 to Long Beach, California (a distance of 3,652 miles from Provincetown) making it the longest U.S. Route in the country.

http://www.route6tour.com/

(It's now been "patchworked" and isn't as long, due to CA chopping.)

bighug

Originally Posted By: Cat
US 6 runs right past my former house. It's one of those roads that goes completely across the nation. When I learned that as a child, I wanted to drive on ALL of it... just see where it goes.

One of those dreams that will probably never happen. shrug

Hwy 69 starts in Port Arthur TX (AT the beach) and runs all the way to AlbertLea MN.
we've driven it smile
not in one trip, but we DID do it in two.
my daughter was going to school just east of AlbertLea, so we went Tyler TX to AlbertLea MN on one trip, and on a trip to Galveston a few months later we cut across to Port Arthur and took it back to Tyler.
It was great fun, except for somewhere in (one of those flat midwestern states) where 69 criss crosses interstate 35 about 5 times in 20 miles. It was getting dark, and my poor hubby kept saying "Can't we PLEEZE get on the interstate through here???"

*of COURSE not*
cuz that would've been cheating.
I'll tell you WHAT. smile

Ahhh she said the tell you what thing!! Whattttttttttt!!

rofl

Both of those routes sound so fascinating. I love that stuff. My Dad did route 66 for kicks..LOL. (Yes, he made that joke.

I did A1A from Miami all the way to Jax before, it meanders and takes forever and is worth it. When you get by Flagler Beach, you literally go for miles over looking the ocean.

I wanted to do it because I remember my Grandmother talking about doing it in her day.

So if Yonder is a direction...what is down the road a piece? How does one measure the piece??????

And what is a pert near as in your pert near there? How far is a pert?

Don't pick up this lingo Darlene!!!

down the road a piece is closer than a ways, and a ways is closer than a fur piece.

yonder is a general direction, not an exact one.

pert near means you are closer than a ways, and probably as close to a piece as is possible without being smack dab in the middle of it.

smile

Originally Posted By: lunamother
down the road a piece is closer than a ways, and a ways is closer than a fur piece.
yonder is a general direction, not an exact one.

pert near means you are closer than a ways, and probably as close to a piece as is possible without being smack dab in the middle of it.

smile

roflroflrofl

Wasn't sure shrug at first...but I do believe yir all crazier then me. Ya put me to shame. We hear in the country talk like this.

Make a left here go 2.5 miles

make a right of Jimmy John street.

Go 0.3 miles and make right on Beth Ann drive.

Go 4.3 miles and make a left on Brian Adams Lane.

Go 0.1 miles and your at John Boys Road.

Dont' yall people got Map quest. Easier then setting a snare up at dusk with no moon shining, I can tell you that.

Hey If anyone interested that there man is free and he can be contacted thru Google images... Yall take care now.

I'm not sure GPS can handle references like a Fur piece let alone double named roads (billy Bob, Rhonda Sue).

I have a friend here from Jamaica whose name is Nicollet Suzette and literally got stopped in her tracks by someone from Davie (horsecountry) greeting her with,"Why it's such a pleasure to Meet you Nicki-Sue!" grin

BTW how long is a fur piece then?

Archived