MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Joining in from Louisiana (for now)

Screaming Eagle

I just want to introduce myself as a new member. I'm a guy from S. Louisiana who the Lord has been preparing for just such a time as this for years. I've gotten very serious about the urgency of the times we're in over the last couple of years and have gotten a serious focus on preparing for the long run.

I'm a Registered Nurse by profession and have many other hobbies and different kinds of experience in acquiring skills necessary to live a simple, abundant and safe lifestyle. I am former military (US Army)and have been involved in outdoor stuff since I was a kid.

Just in case you're wondering about the screen name. I was Army but not a member of the 101st Airborne per se. Many people don't know that the Screaming Eagles were formed in Louisiana and this is where they did their initial training before deployment in WWII. Part of their initial commission (which is prophetic in many ways) was that 'you are called out of obscurity to a rendezvous with destiny'. One of the descriptions of the Screaming Eagles during WW II was that they 'fell like lightning from the sky'. I'm an intercessor (among other things) and this image of being called to destiny and sensing the 'fire from Heaven' is part of who I am.

I do have experience in many different areas and look forward to joining with you that we may stand as one. Looking forward to getting to know each of you. Lemme know if I can help.

Hey SE, welcome. We have fun on Mrs.S but weare also a serious bunch for different reasons. I am glad you are here and hope to get to know you better. I love it when a guy joins. Yes you have a lot of reading to do we have it on just about any subject you can want.

Welcome SE, and yes, we're happy that you've joined us. Everyone might as well know that I'm the one that dragged you over here.

At least they can testify to my innocence.

darlene

lol

P.S.

I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif I see you've already checked out the for-members-only sections downstairs.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!

--Sharon

Originally Posted By: UKGuy
Welcome SE, Wow, another guy!
Only need a few thousand more
and we can get Da Boss to rename
the site to MS Survival...

I might be wrong, but I think the title "Ms." represents women only, whether they are single (Miss.) or married (Mrs.)..

Maybe something else, like Mr. & Mrs. Survival??

Y'all better watch out for PCS. I know about Barataria ;-). I'm in Lake Charles. Just so you know, I'm going out to my garden in a few minutes to harvest some good ole sugar cane. I planted it in a row down the middle so I can grow running peas or beans up the stalks next year. Not too many people have had the pleasure of chewing fresh sugar cane from the garden.

So, PCS, tell me something. How does somebody with gumbo mud between their toes (I know it doesn't wash off)make it in the hills without fresh shrimp and Tony's seasoning, eh? I've got reason to believe I'm going to be moving out sometime soon (depending on a number of factors) and I don't know how to do dat.

Originally Posted By: UKGuy
Welcome SE, Wow, another guy!
Only need a few thousand more
and we can get Da Boss to rename
the site to MS Survival
LOL (Don't beat me up Dar)

Nah, I'd never do that UK, but I am taking notes lol.

If you wanna know the truth, I give all the guys here alot of credit being brave enough to walk into a site full of women lol.

Actually, I think it's kinda kewl.
Quote:

At least they can testify to my innocence.

darlene

lol

[snort] ....ahem.....well sure, SE. Darlene is innocent. Yup! yesno

Glad she dragged you over here. Welcome and jump right in. We used to keep the guys here in a closet under the stairs and feed them bread crumbs...but that was long ago. Right UK Guy? Now there are too many and they kinda have carved out a Male MrsS club. And the rest of us appreciate their unique perspective.

Has anyone told you about the food? cakeslicecoffee Help yourself. We're informal 'round here.

MtRider [still trying to get warm after fence repairing on a below-freezing day. DUMB HORSE! rollingeyes ]

Welcome Screaming Eagles. wave You have sugar cane in your yard? When I was kid we lived in off base housing on Okinawa right next to a sugar cane field. Loved to chew the sugar cane while I was exploring the fields.... I have family in Lake Charles (although I haven't seen them since I was aroud 10 or 11). Last name of Higginbotham...although I think there's a whole lot of Higginbothams down in that area

Originally Posted By: Screaming Eagle
So, PCS, tell me something. How does somebody with gumbo mud between their toes (I know it doesn't wash off)make it in the hills without fresh shrimp and Tony's seasoning, eh? I've got reason to believe I'm going to be moving out sometime soon (depending on a number of factors) and I don't know how to do dat.

Tony Chachere's seasoning is almost everywhere now! (We are getting around some, these days!)

If you can't get any, make your own. It is fast and easy. Tony's recipe, and Emeril's too, are at the end of my Jambalaya-ya and New Orleans Red Beans and Rice recipes: http://purecajunsunshine.blogspot.com/

I'm about 600+ miles away from home, so when my family and friends evacuate from the really nasty-bad hurricanes, a few come here and being they're mostly hunters, commercial fishermen and shrimpers, they bring the very best of what's in their freezers with them !!!! YAY!!! Jumbo shrimp as big as yo laig!!! Backstrap venison...gator tail...andouille...boudain...tasso...I have a big, big freezer happy02 We all eat like Mardi Gras kings, and when it is time to go home, they don't feel like hauling it all back with them, and so they leave it all with me.

During slow hurricane years, I'll make shrimp runs...stock up on real food...visit mama and 'dem!!!

Handy-dandy tip: DON'T make shrimp runs during hurricane season. I did in '05, and because of an unfortunate series of events, got hung up in Katrina. Did Rita eat ya'll up? What a year...but hey, now that I moved away, it feels SO good not to feel so much like a sunburned bobcat everytime a 'cane farts around in the Gulf...

Glad to hear you're aiming for getting out. Pppssstt...I'll let you in on a secret: there really ain't no Polar Bears living south of Missouri! If anyone is clueless about this, see the eighth paragraph here: http://purecajunsunshine.blogspot.com/2007...uisiana-if.html

hysterical.gif

Archived