MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Joining in from Louisiana (for now)

Screaming Eagle

Thanks for the warm welcome one and all.

PCS, thanks for the homemade recipe. I've always said that if I got sent to another country I'd come back to Louisiana once a year just to stock up on Tony's and Crab boil. Maybe over Jazz Fest weekend to make it complete but that's not nearly as important to me now as it used to be. I think sugar cane in the hills is worth a try. You could always cover the roots up during winter with hay or something until the ground starts to warm up. Good sunny spot. You cut the canes down after cool weather sets in anyhow and it grows back from the roots so you've got nothing to lose by trying. All it can do is die, right? And I do know about the feasts from the freezer after hurricanes. Rita hit us hard right through the back door but I personally wasn't too affected physically. Emotionally is a different story.

Thanks again for the open arms. Lemme know if I can help.

Originally Posted By: Screaming Eagle
Abigail, Do you mind if I ask what part of the state you're from?

Southeast; in the "Katrina zone." Were you in Lake Charles for Rita?

Abigail,

Yep, I was here, then I wasn't then I was and am and will be leaving at some point. Not sure of the timing on the leaving part yet, but I know it's coming.

Thanks BiscuitMaker. I'm glad to be here. You'll have to ask Darlene about the other part. I'm just glad to be here and available to help if I can.

Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker
darlene2
Hey! Where does Darlene pick up all these cool guys that we like so much?

I beg and pleade for them to come and be a part of our site here and when that doesn't work, I start talking about VS and guns.

That seems to always work.

darlene

lol
Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker
darlene2
Hey! Where does Darlene pick up all these cool guys that we like so much?

I beg and pleade for them to come and be a part of our site here and when that doesn't work, I start talking about VS and guns.

That seems to always work.

darlene

lol

icon_eek.gif

Let me get this right...I leave for the afternoon and this conversation vers from welcome4 to :gun: and Lacy underthings curtsey ?

smiley_emoticons_textemoticon11.gif

Honestly, I think this is the first time in my life that I've ever heard Victoria's Secret and guns mentioned in the same sentence. I've got a feeling that I'm in for an education here.

;-) I think I like it here.

Archived