MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Back from my semi-hiatus

Becca_Anne

I'm on winter break now, so I'll be online a lot more in the next month! I got my A in Anatomy and Physiology and I'll be starting the application process for nursing school. I will find out in June if I am accepted. I am really counting on this so I am working very very hard. That's why I'm so scarce lately. I feel like I've been missing out on a lot around here and I just wanted you all to know why I'm on so little these days grouphug

Becca,

I remember those days in the early part of nursing school. It's as much an endurance thing as it is acquiring new information. Actually, the A & P and Chemistry are some of the most useful background classes (as well as Microbiology) that I use almost every single day in one way or another.

You might also consider working part time at a hospital if you have the opportunity. Even if it's just one or two days per week, you'll get a sense of the flow of things, the lingo, the (sometimes stinky) attitudes of other nurses and maybe a sense of the kind of nurse you want to become (you can learn from bad examples as well as good examples). Try to get assigned to a 'specialty' unit (Hearts, ER, ICU, Pediatrics) according to your desires at present and see how that develops. You might be surprised. Also, good all around med-surg/post-surgical care is great experience. You'll see all kinds of stuff and at least know enough to ask questions when the time comes. Let me know if I can help with anything.

And welcome back for a few weeks anyhow !!!

Congradulations Becca. An A in anatomy, that was a tough one for me. I managed a C. Hey, but the grade was still enough to get me in nursing school. That was a long time ago. One more class and I will have moved on to my BSN. Only got an Associates when I went to nursing school in the 80's. Boy was that a long time ago.

Archived