MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi, from Texas

CrabGrassAcres

Couple of folks asked me to drop in and say howdy. Sorry, I just figured out what that flashing envelope meant. smile

I live on a small farm near Austin with my daughter a dog (Great Pyr) a bangel cross cat and a whole bunch of chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, guineas, pheasants, quail and a couple of pigs named pork and lard. The pigs will be ham and bacon in about 3 more months tho. Some times we have goats until they get on my nerves too bad and then we have cabrito. We love goat sausage so I get a whether or two every now and again and when they are big enough not to stay penned, well, you get the picture.

I try to have a garden to raise most of our veggies and of course we have our meat and eggs from the livestock. I can the meat and garden produce, tho I like to have some veggies in the freezer since they taste better to me. I dehydrate a good bit too. I cook nearly everything from scratch. I grind the grains we use and bake whatever we need. I buy as much as I can in bulk for the savings and because I'm a prep-aholic.

Now for the more important stuff. I've been a Christian since June 1961 and the Lord is the MOST important person in my life. I haven't alway done the best by Him, but He hasn't failed me yet. He has worked some mighty miracles in my life when the docs had given me up. He healed me of epilepsy in 1982, then a few years ago He healed me of Non-Hodgekin's Lymphoma. There's been a lot of times I know He has protected me from harm and made provision that could only have come from Him.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here. You all look like good folks, I'm right happy to make your acquaintance!

Trish

and you grow a lot of crab grass too do ya?

Welcome!

Hey! I love your name, CrabGrassAcres. I'll try to remember not to call you Crabby for short. (insert evil laugh here)

Welcome to Mrs. S! I think you will enjoy it here as much as I do.

I love the way a lot of the threads here evolve into many new ways around old problems! Sometimes, threads get a little off track, but keep reading, because sometimes the juciest fruit is buried where you least expect it!

Mais cher! Don't miss out! apple.gif

Welcome to one of the most progressive "all-purpose" survivalist sites on the Internet. dance013.gif Be sure to check out the for-members-only sections downstairs!

--Sharon

Canning !? No, no - not ME!

These ladies and gents may have corrupted me enough to get me to buy a canner, but who said I had to use it !?

Archived