MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Long Time Lurker

SugarDaisy

Hi! Im SugarDaisy and I have been lurking forever. I decided I would join everyone and post every now and then.

My info: I am single and I live in the city. To be honest with you, I dont believe there will be a huge TSHTF situation but I really do believe we are headed for some tough times economically and I am trying to learn I can about surviving and making it without all of our modern conveniences. I am paring down how I live, because stuff isnt important to me anymore. But I do have a level of comfort I would like to maintain.

I am really big on buying locally and making things from scratch and I want to take advantage of that by canning. I am also planning to move to the suburbs (so I can have a yard to garden) and I do have a stockpile of food. I used to live in Florida and after living through a few hurricanes, I cant imagine not having the necessities. I dont want to rely on someone else bailing me out.

I do a lot of baking and make a lot of things ahead, so I will be in the kitchen areas a lot.

Well welcome SugarDaisy. Glad to know you have come out to play. I think you will enjoy it, but then again you said you had been a long time lurker so you know we are all a little on the crazy side around here. Well have a cup of java and surf away. welcome6

Welcome! So glad you joined...now you'll get to see the for members only stuff!!!!!!!! Look downstairs...scroll down the main page. See the Cave and other places...that's where we do our deepest thinking...

signs136.gif

All kidding aside, you sound like a together prepper that's preprared for a variety of possibilities! Keep on keeping on!

--Sharon

A forum is like any relationship-you get out more than you put in but you need to put in to grow. Some are reluctant to post for fear of this or that but one can "hide" in plain sight much better than in the "shadows". A bud asked me not to E mail him or call on my cell phone to him anymore-so I don't. He lurks everywhere and has nearly become a hermit. Sad to be that paranoid and afraid of "big brother". Truth be known we cannot "hide" anything anymore--so, I try to make my feelings known. That way I can make a difference--maybe. Glad you are making a difference here now. Folks see what you write. Hundreds and thousands may see what your opinion/s are so it is important to stand for what you believe in. If you do not think your opinion is important--sure it is just by being on a particular site--glad you are here shedding your daisy's beauty and light. wc

Archived