MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanks!

I make a menu most weeks. Sometimes it is just scratched out on an old envelope sometimes on a formal sheet. Makes things so much easier. And I save my old ones to use for the weeks when I am less than creative.

I have been thinking about this lately as I am guilty of not doing this.I think menus help in many ways, if you want to try a new receipe then if you put it on paper you will buy anything special you need for it next time you shop.

If I have a big shopping day or big house cleaning day I like to have left-overs (plan-overs as my mother called them) so again menus would help.

If I sit down and really write down all of my meals as a master plan I would not have to think about now what can I cook. Sometimes I forget certain foods we have not had in a long time.

So yes that is a good idea, another thing for my list of things to do. coffee2

How about posting some of your menus for those of us who haven't done this, or are drawing a blank on what to make? Could be a useful resource! Thanks!

Here's one that I used quite sometime ago & forgot to delete. A few of the days have "so-n-so's night" on them. Those are the nights the kids helped me cook that week. I'll start posting my menus each week. I didn't do one this week, esp. with being out of town & things sorta hectic around here. Sound good?

1098-menu.jpg

afternoonhummingbirdsmove.gif

Yes, I make menus out for a while then stop making them out again and wonder what to have. smile

I know for me it is so much easier to have the menus on hand.

I print out a calendar and then just add the menu. smile I don't make the menu out for each of the 3 meals, just the evening meal. Old Pine isn't home during the day most days, so I just eat light at noon.

Here are a couple places to make calendars.

http://www.printfree.com/Calendars.htm

http://d21c.com/jerry11/alaska/calendar.html

HAVEAGOODDAY-2.gifHUGS4-1.gif

I do a monthly menu and I'm trying to get into the habit of posting it on my blog. I can c and p it here too. Now, I don't always go by it. If something is on sale maybe we have that instead. Maybe we get invited over to a friends, or have a school event that I forgot to plan into the menu. With the big kids, soccer games often get rescheduled, so those are shuffled around, and then there is the issue of "The baby had me up all night and it was all I could do to manage cereal for bfast and boxed mac and cheese for lunch what do you mean I have to cook dinner, too" days. I have stuff stashed in the freezer for those days, so the menu doesn't get used on those days.

Mo7

Archived