MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Floods? Everyone Okay???

cookiejar

Okay,

if this is a repeat, please tack mine on to the original but...

Is everyone out of harms way? And your kith and kin?

Keeping up the prayers for the rains to end and hope, solace and comfort for those in harm's way.

6.gif9.gif

FINALLY!! Rain seems to have quit. Im on high ground (God bless the original builder of my old house...he knew his stuff!!) but many others in my county are sandbagged and pumping furiously. Latest uproar is over one local town's making a resolution last year that the town employees were NOT going to help flood victims. But they did SELL sandbags....lots of angry folks over that one!! mad Good news is that perfect strangers were stopping to help out those belaguered by flooding...

Another lake in next county simply overran its banks and became a river, taking houses with it. Those folks are in shock; their town dropped out of Federal Flood insurance program because "it will never happen here"...they could not get flood insurance even though they tried before this happened. shocked My heart aches for them. FEMA is around but not much help...another example of why folks should prep instead of depending on government help. Don't look for help...BE the help!!

praying

Lots of prayers sent your way for you and all the others. We are following closely on the news. We live in MS and in a river town. Water finally went down here....guess it's fixing to go back up...

Isn't it funny for every money grubber there are always several angels waiting to lift the load???

Keep us posted.

Melissa

praying here too. Glad your house was spared kd and hope you continue to stay dry mpm . My heart goes out to all who had damage and loss of homes, businesses, crops, and jobs. And may more angels come forward to help.

A few days ago Dee showed their hayfield flooded. I'm hoping they get a second cutting (well first i guess). Everyone in these areas please check in.

praying for all of you in the flood zones, and praying for all of us to get some of the rain for our gardens. We are having to water our garden every day here. Rains all around us but stops b/f it reaches our place. shrug

Amen, amen, amen. I sooooooo respect everyone truly working from their hearts. this selling of sand bags is not right!!! I am glad to hear that many of you are ok. I have a friend in that area of that lake and I have to go through a pile of stuff on my other desk to try and find her email or address and write her a note really quick. ( What do they do when their mail cannot get to their mail box???)

I have friends and relatives in Iowa and southern MN, IL, and southern Ohio, and you folks. I wish I could just come and help sandbag----- somewhere.... the losses and hardships and our foolish LEADER ( ????) goes on a merry go round trip over seas while all this is going on... I am sick of him! arrrgh, and fema sucks... I am sooooo sorry for everyone in these places, but I know God is giving you all strength, reach out and grab some and may your angels keep you safe through this whole event...

Momnplanmode, good luck! I bet everyone is working to help there! May God and your angels protect you and yours!

Originally Posted By: momnplanmode
praying

Lots of prayers sent your way for you and all the others. We are following closely on the news. We live in MS and in a river town. Water finally went down here....guess it's fixing to go back up...

Isn't it funny for every money grubber there are always several angels waiting to lift the load???

Keep us posted.

Melissa

Originally Posted By: kappydell
FINALLY!! Rain seems to have quit. Im on high ground (God bless the original builder of my old house...he knew his stuff!!) but many others in my county are sandbagged and pumping furiously. Latest uproar is over one local town's making a resolution last year that the town employees were NOT going to help flood victims. But they did SELL sandbags....lots of angry folks over that one!! mad Good news is that perfect strangers were stopping to help out those belaguered by flooding...
Another lake in next county simply overran its banks and became a river, taking houses with it. Those folks are in shock; their town dropped out of Federal Flood insurance program because "it will never happen here"...they could not get flood insurance even though they tried before this happened. shocked My heart aches for them. FEMA is around but not much help...another example of why folks should prep instead of depending on government help. Don't look for help...BE the help!!

goodpost

You hit the nail on the head with this observation...ought to be at the top of all the prepping sites:

Quote:
Don't look for help...BE the help!!

Those of us near NOLA sure learned that lesson... frown

That really burns me up hearing about FEMA not being much help...you'd think they'd have gotten their chit together after NOLA, but apparently not. Why am I NOT surprised to hear this??

And as for the local government SELLING sandbags to disaster victims... furious

They might have to get their hands dirty. Can't make any money off people if they give the sand away.

I do hope all Mrs.S friends are safe. We have flood insurance and so far have not had to use it. But does give a better feeling of knowing its there.

update from milwaukee/racine area in wis ref our friends at FEMA... earlier in week they put out info that food vouchers were to be given out for free food at a certain location in milwaukee. 2500 folks showed up, only to find out that the so called free food vouchers were not there, just applications for them. That riled things up a bit...but then they told the crowd that they actually had to have FLOOD DAMAGE to get aid. Small riot ensued by those who had come down for the undeserved handout. Kinda figures...

Please everyone,

Keep the information going. The water is so unpredictable it's like a disaster a day. Prayers and well wishes for those in the areas near or hit.

praying

BTW I live on high ground Near the local evacuation center and I still went ahead and bought flood insurance-and wind insurance and ...just about every insurance.

Better safe than sorry...

Please keep us informed, ok?

Archived