MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need Help, can't stay logged on

Virginia

• 3 weeks later...

I've poked around and tried to figure it out, but I can't figure it out yet.

When you log in, there should be a place that says "Remember me?" and that's the place you checkmark.

1) Do any of you have anyone else in your home who accesses Mrs S with a different identity?

2) Do any of you have an "alter-ego" here (you have another unknown identity)? (It *does* sometimes happen... You may PM me if necessary)

3) Please describe for me what happens when you try to log in... any messages, delays, etc.

:shrug:

No one else uses this computer much (DH doesn't visit here, ever), and I am just me. Don't see the remember me thing, but my password is in when I put my name in.

Me too. I always have to log in though most of the time, as soon as I click onto Log In, it does remember me and my password automatically once I'm there...(or sometimes not) and then I"m good to go--til the next time. I have Firefox.

I can't even stay logged in between pages. Most times I get kicked off, and have to log in at least once.

I also have Firefox. Must be a problem with that interface.

i do not know if this will make sense but when you try to get on here use the log in by the guest the very top one push log in and it should take you to where you can log in if you have the little box checked that says remember me your name should be on the left hand side and you should be able to scroll up and hit the forums on your left and you should be logged in hope this makes sense i am not very good at this type of thing just want to help.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me... I was beginning to feel they were trying to tell me something.

I don't know what you did, but I haven't had any trouble for 2 days now.

THANKS!!!

Hope I didn't just jinx it...

:motz_6:

Is there a SWINE in Mrs. S?

I have typed up a PM twice and when I tried to send it I got kicked out and lost it. I posted a reply to a post and when I tried to post I got kicked out and lost it!!!

The computer has NEVER remembered me between visits although I clicked the box and now I can't run from one tab to the other without getting kicked out.

UGHHHHHH!!!

Can someone help me?

Do any of you having problems have your compouter set to NOT take cookies?

Cookies... those things that the website offers to your computer and says "Now that I gave you a cookie, I will remember you!" and if you have your computer on a diet and it won't *take* the cookie, the website doesn't remember you...?

Or does it matter if you're using a PC or a MAC?

:shrug:

I have a PC and use Vista-sorry to say. Cookies are enabled. I selected the dark blue and gold screen, and it comes up if I am remembered or if I have to sign in. Then, when selecting a thread to read, it will sometimes revert the the spring colors, and then back to the dark blue. Keeps things interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

For those having trouble staying logged in after closing the window down & coming back later, I was having the same issue. Here's what resolved MY problem. I want to post it here in case anyone else is doing the same thing I was:

When I was going to the old link, I got the redirect page & it made me log in every time. Still does if I do it that way. But if I go to the new link for the updated brd, I'm logged in.

Make sure you save the following link to your faves, being sure to replace the old brd link

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php

Archived