MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hi, i'm new

ROSARYCHAPLET

hi, my screen name is Rosarychaplet. i'm new to your site. i found out about this site from www.survivalblog.com, thanks to facebook. i'm the type of person that can't sit still if i see the writing on the wall. if i know trouble is coming i want to and try to prepare for it. when trouble comes i try to do something about it. i've had my share of adult economic problems. i am a college graduate, yet feel there is still a lot more for me to learn to be better prepared. since going green, before green was in, i have been trying to live a minimalist, reusable approach to life. i try to run errands together so my time in the car AND gas are spent wisely!!! when we use up products in cans we keep the cans/jars that are reusable again--how else could i store my reusable utensils for my backyard survival gear?! i would prefer manual tools to electric tools because the carbon footprint is nil, and when the power is out i would still be able to use them.

now i want to relearn sewing. i used to sew very simply as a little girl. my mother and grandmother (seamstress extraordinaire) taught me the most basic. but with the culture i grew up in, it was no longer popular to sew. let some servant girl from a foreign country do that...oh wait my family resembles that statement.

ta ta for now.

Hi Rosarychaplet! You've come to the right place for learning. We have a nice group here, for the most part :) and all are very helpful.

Jump right in anywhere and give us your advice or ask the questions you wonder about. There is probably someone to help you with about anything!!!

GOODMORNINGDOGS2.jpg

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg Glad you have joined. Come on down to the Homemade Memories and join in some thing. We do all kinds of things down there. :) Sewing, knitting and now some are doing tatting too. :) We do exchanges down there and have a lot of fun. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

Hello and welcome, Rosary. This is such a fantastic forum. You will be welcomed with open and loving arms as this is a big family. Take care, Reb

Archived