MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Google map tracking H1N1 Swine Flu

PoGo

Whoa!!!! This is spreading fast...I wonder what the incubation period between infection and the onset of symptoms is? Epidemics tend to spread exponentially...this is a good tool for actually visualizing that. Thanks for posting it, PoGo (btw, I love your stuck sheep avatar!!).

Here we go...from: http://www.medicinenet.com/swine_flu/page2.htm

Persons with swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection should be considered potentially contagious for up to 7 days following illness onset. Persons who continue to be ill longer than 7 days after illness onset should be considered potentially contagious until symptoms have resolved. Children, especially younger children, might potentially be contagious for longer periods. The duration of infectiousness might vary by swine influenza A (H1N1) virus strain. Non-hospitalized ill persons who are a confirmed or suspected case of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection are recommended to stay at home (voluntary isolation) for at least the first 7 days after illness onset except to seek medical care.

I discovered, as well, that the incubation period of the virus is five to ten days.

Yanno, I've learned over the years that if something big is happening, it is *usually* UNDER-reported so as not to cause panic. <_<

Kinda sets the tone for this, if ya know what I mean...?

According to the Google map, there are 2 confirmed cases in Indiana, north of Indianapolis. OK... and who have *THOSE* people been in contact with??? :shakinghead:

NO new in Indiana that I have heard or read has reported any cases in Indiana.

YET...

You're welcome, ladies.

Those are nice maps, Granny & westbrook. Thank you!

Thanks for posting it, PoGo (btw, I love your stuck sheep avatar!!).

Thank you, TurtleMama. I thought the sheep was cute!

Yanno, I've learned over the years that if something big is happening, it is *usually* UNDER-reported so as not to cause panic. <_<

Kinda sets the tone for this, if ya know what I mean...?

According to the Google map, there are 2 confirmed cases in Indiana, north of Indianapolis. OK... and who have *THOSE* people been in contact with??? :shakinghead:

NO new in Indiana that I have heard or read has reported any cases in Indiana.

YET...

Cat...I am definatley on the same page as you. I think this is being downplayed big time. I really hope that I am wrong but the response to what is being put out there doesn't add up. I mean the White house usually does not make a public address on Sunday....then the WHO and CDC...it just doesn't add up. I read on another thread that the info that the CDC is putting out is 5 days old to prevent panic.

I was told today that this is part of an agenda being pushed by the media. Normally I may have bought that....but with our country being in such a horrible economic state why? The EU has put out a travel advisory about traveling here or Mexico, countries are rejecting pork imports from us...has anyone heard of any pigs having problems?? I haven't. So making a big deal of nothing would only hurt the country......right?

Some posters have asked when will we know when it is time to self quarantine.

A poll on the CNN website indicates that 66% of the respondents believe the media coverage of the swine flu is "overblown".

It seems we will have big fuzzy canaries in our pandemic mineshaft. :sheeple:

Archived