MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kagan and his job

Necie

Had this all typed out and somehow it disappeared... *sigh*....but here are the pics anyhow. :)

post-977-1240940158_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240940198_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240940248_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240940287_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240941178_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240941243_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240941307_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240941351_thumb.jpg

post-977-1240941393_thumb.jpg

awwwwwwwwww Necie...thank you so much for the pictures and update.

I'm sure westie would say the same, but it really fills my heart to see how my female and her male have touched so many special peoples hearts here at MrsS. It's as if the work we've put into our own dogs, in our own unique lives, has now spread and is blessing many others.

It's interesting how God works sometimes. I let Dani and Kayra breed because I knew that a few of our MrsS friends had fallen in love with the breed and I was hopeful that y'all would want one of the pups. Little did I realize though, how much this litter would touch other peoples lives and bring a new fullness that I hadn't imagined.

GOODMORNINGWHITEDOG2.gif

I love the pictures. :)

Can you tell that I love dogs?? :):24:

I have a feeling if we were younger and had farm animals we would have a nice big puppy like these too. :)

THANKSFORSHARINGGIRLS.gif these pictures. :)

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of any and all the dogs. :)

Oh, I love goats too. :) Again, if we were younger, or maybe now even, who knows, we might have goats again. At one time we had around 30+ goats here. :)

hugsgirlandflowers.gifHAVEANICEDAYFLOWERSANDBUTTERFLIES.gif

I am not a breeder, never wanted to be. I love showing my dogs, meeting others with the same breed, and learning from them.

If you show you have to have intact dogs, if you have intact dogs you have to breed or there is a possibility of different types of reproductive cancers. My Rama and HaZee were bred one time and Dani is the product of that breeding.

HaZee was almost 5 when I bred her for the first time but she by now was the top dog and wouldn't let any male mount her. I had tried to breed her 2 times before with the same result. I was so sad because she is an awesome dog. Things happen for a reason and because of this a dear friend came down from Northern California to teach me to do Artificial Insemination (AI). WOW! what a gift she gave me.... knowledge.

I will not breed HaZee again since she is now 7 years old and done being a Mom.. too bad because she was a good mom and threw beautiful puppies.

All of this to say... it is nice to see this bloodline live on. I spend years researching Livestock Guardian Dogs before deciding on Anatolians and then a couple of more years before choosing a breeders that I wanted dogs from. The work I put into bloodlines and looking at an end result of my plans paid off with HaZee and Rama's litter.

To see the end result of the time Darlene put into her choice and the out come of her bloodline and mine makes my heart sing. To know that somehow you will all love these dogs and perhaps purchase another, breed them and the bloodline lives on.

To see photos of all of your puppies, to see how much you all love them, and the stories you have to tell brings tears to my eyes. Not tears of sadness but of happiness. So often puppies are sold and the new owners never contact you again. I am so excited that friends fell in love with these puppies as much as Darlene and I did.

I know it is a pain to keep us updated from time to time, and as the puppies settle into their new lives and grow up we won't be bugging you so much... but to see them grow up and to see them become a part of your lives is exciting.

I thank you all!

"SHADOW WINGS DIYARI ATA'KAGAN"

I thought and though and thought about the name for this pup. I wanted something that meant gift...present...from the KING. Dani is the king...I fell in love with that dog when we had the get together at Dar's in Georgia...just as I fell in love with Darlene and Westie and their love of the breed. I've researched and longed for one since I read Westbrook's posts about these LGD's. I considered getting one when I was looking for a new pup and found my baby, Gracie. Rottie? Anatolian? Rottie? Anatolian?

I went with a rottie at the time, because I know my rottweilers and it was more affordable and I 'needed' a 'non-malfunctionable' alarm system. ;) (I must note that Gracie and I just did a jog around the property---the neighbor's idiot mutts are going off and Gracie was on high alert and being snarky...so...OUT we went!! She did a once around and came back...NOTHING!! Ok with me....she did her job. The neighbor's dogs are being absolute ***** and must be barking at the stars! :rolleyes: ) Anywho...she is superior at letting me know if anything is around 'the house'. Nothing gets near without her knowing....but....the goats....the bunnies...the chicks....she can't sense that far from inside.........

Therefore.... DIYARI ATA'KAGAN....he is going to be the gardian of all things exterior and sneaky. Gracie warns me of anything coming in straight on forward...but she WILL NOT (prolly) defend. She looks to me to take care of her....that's ok...that's her job...to just warn me and let me know that *I* need to take action to defend *us* and our home. Kagan will be different...not only will he warn me to dangers, but he will protect his charges...goats, rabbits, chickens, me, Gracie and our home. He WILL step up and defend us. (I must note here that I've spoke to Darlene, Westie and Mommadogs--who also has rotties and one of Dar's pups--and voiced my concerns about Gracie and Kagan and their 'relationship'. We have been working on them just *tolerating* each other...getting along... Gracie is an 80#, high energy, extreme high prey drive Rottweiler. She is generally not 'dog aggressive'. She submits when required and will be dominant when allowed and tolerated by more submissive dogs. This pup is trying her patience. LOL He 'stands up' to her. Definite ALPHA traits in this little guy...well, little compared to her...so far--he weighed 25# to her 80# last week at his vet visit-11 wks.) WELL....today...TODAY HE BACKED HER DOWN!! 30# of ANATOLIAN backed down an 80# Rottie. :)

"Diyari" means gift or present. This pup has been 'gifted' to me by Darlene and by Westie for 'gifting' Darlene with Dani. I hope someday to pass it on. :) These dogs are a true gift...no matter the price or cost...they are PRICELESS. "Ata'Kagan" means gift of the king...Dani wil always be 'the King' in my heart. I fell in love with that dog when we were in Georgia and he decided to 'visit' Gracie and I in our tent when everyone else was gone. He is a magnificent and beautiful animal that just grabs your heart and holds on. Strong and bold and brave, yet tender and gentle....AMAZING.

Soooooo....anyhow...what I wrote about to begin with that somehow disappeared....

The little goats--*HIS* goats--are my little buck kids, 3 months old. He sleeps right next to them on that straw in the 6th and 9th pix. He stands right between my legs and gives them 'kisses' when I'm feeding them their bottles--he licks on their little hooves and their chins for a bit of milk if they foam or dribble. hehe There are also some (about 50) 8 wk old chicks in a brooder that he checks out occasionally and a few junior rabbits--which he pretty much ignores (GOOD BOY!) in *HIS* barn.

He 'helps' me do the chores with the *BIG* animals too...the 'gals'--my bred doe goats don't know quite what to make of him coming in their pen with me and just sitting at my feet after dealing with that crazy rottie that's NOT allowed in the pen, but runs around outside and wants to do nothing but HERD them. LOL He's trying to get used to the chatterbox chickens that flap around and squawk like their gonna DIE with him in their coop. LOL

And like I said....Kagan and Gracie are still working on getting along and tolerating each other. They both have their own jobs to do and I'm sure they'll work it out. Kagan *WILL* be alpha dog...but Gracie hasn't quite figured it out yet. ;)

((((((((Darlene and Westie))))))))

WELL....today...TODAY HE BACKED HER DOWN!! 30# of ANATOLIAN backed down an 80# Rottie. :)

Now this made me laugh cause I've seen it a hundred times and I love it...lol

Westie expressed better than I could, how her and I feel about these dogs and their new homes. It's interesting how attached we get to our animals and their offspring that represent a period of time when they were important in our lives by our kennal names in their pedigrees.

I've told westie several times that this breeding had a purpose because we wanted to share these dogs that we love so much, with others that would love them the same. Little did we realize when this litter was born, the impact it would have on y'alls lives...well at least, for me it was more than I expected and has been very heartwarming.

I'm excited for y'all to see and experience the specialness of these dogs as they grow up. You're in for the treat of your life.

Archived