MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I can't believe how you responded to me!

marylp

I was so angry the other day when I tried canning for the first time, I didnt know what with myself, I came into town to the library to use the internet, I vented, and ranted and spewed this and that. What did you do? I can't belive the encouragment and kind words I recieved from all of you. That day I felt totally alone trying this new and scary thing, yeah, I messed it up, but I will definetly try again. How could I not. it is hard to thank everyone individally. I had so many responses. My heart overflows, the internet is so impersonal and cold, or so I have always believed. I truly feel at homw with you. Thank you so much! God Bless you!! Mary

PS Now Cat, How do I reach you so we can exchange phone numbers, I want to try this again soon. I promise not to call unless I REALLY need to bug you.

Big Hugs to everyone! :wub:

mary, click on Cats name somewhere on the site and you can send a message using the plus sign and envelope link that will come up on the list and contact her via a PM. Only you and Cat can see that PM, its private.

Yep, these folks are great for encouragement!

Marylp,

Please let us know how the next time turns out !! You really can do this, I promise.

Wish one of us was close by to help you in person, but we will do the best we can from here in cyberland.

We want you to succeed !! Go, girl, go !!

What you going to can ?

I'm excited to hear you'll be trying again. Even those that have been canning for quite sometimes have horror stories. I just had one last week, where my canner warped, lost all water, etc. I was a ball of mess, and Violet was so gracious & helpful.

marylp, you have a PM (Private Message) already waiting for you with everything you need to know. Calling is NOT a bother... I think of it as an investment in another safe home canner. ;)

:bighug2:

I am so glad you are going to give it another try. Once you have it down, it truly is addicting and so very rewarding to know you can preserve your own food. I believe it's healthier also.

I'm glad you have the support of Cat, she's a keeper for sure!

good luck when you decide to give it another try and let us know how it goes.

Mary - These ladies mean exactly what they say. Please do not be shy about accepting assistance on this topic.

I was privileged a few years ago to be in the shout box when someone was canning for the first time. Darlene and several knowledgeable ladies stayed right there the entire time; reassuring, cheering, and answering questions.

Other times, they have stayed on the phone with a first time canner.

Archived