MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My girl is on the way to Texas!

SueC

My 21 yr old DD left this morning for Austin. I think she has 24 hours flying to get there.

She will be staying somewhere near Cameron for 3 months working on a ranch. ok picture this - E is a girly girl who wears her heels pretty much every where! she is a city girl who loves fashion ... and she will spend three months being a cowgirl :lol:

So I really hope you all are keeping that part of the US of A nice and safe!!!!

Actually I wish I was travelling with her and then I could meet some of you :(

Ok - they do sound similar :)

My brother and his wife run a small property in Texas. They have shouted E the ticket, will pay her expenses etc. plus she will get some pocket money. She has been studying fashion design so this is quite different than her normal!! She will even be away for Christmas and her birthday. Apparently she will have a travel trailer (?) to sleep in unless there are other visitors - then she gets the tackle room in the barn!!

I am looking forward to lots of photos!

Its great having a job that people love to experience doing...lol.....I hope the weather will be good for her. This time of year in Texas you never know what you'll get. 90 one day, 50 the next. Dought one day, floods the next...lol....

Post pictures when you get them.

Cool, Sue! Wishing her safety in travel, and tons of fun on the ranch! Now, why isn't she getting to enjoy the joys of Texas, in the summer?? That's when Texas is at it's worst, I mean best!

what a great adventure!

if they're anywhere near Austin proper- it's a really fun city for anyone, but REALLY fun for people her age- tons of live music and the accompanying socialization (fine- it's a Party Town :24: )

oh. and be sure she's under the Congress St. bridge at dusk :)

she MUST see THIS

COWBOYS There is something about those hats, pearl snap shirts, and wranglers...

Oh I drifted off there for a minute!!! :24:

Texas has a way of getting under your skin!!! She had better be careful or she may never leave

Congrats, I hope she finds the wisdom of wearing boots and realizing honest hard work is worth it! This will be some change! She's going to have to put away the heels it looks like to me! I am hoping she grows to love it and gains many practical skills! ;)

Mommas dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, dont let them pick guitars and drive them ole trucks, make em be doctors and lawyers and such. Mammas dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, they're never at home and they're always alone, even with someone they love..

No, no cowboys, dont let her, they're no good.......

She arrived safely and now has the first item of work clothes - gumboots!

I really wish I was a fly on the wall ...

Having said all that I know she will have a blast - dirt and all :)

Thank you Biscuitmaker! :bighug2:

She has posted some photos on flicker. I am not sure how this works but hopefully I have put a photo below :) (it didn't work so you get the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31442486@N07/4015739668/

We chated on skype, she has a grin from ear to ear. :D Plus she has started a blog on worldnomads, so we also get to saty up to date with her that way.

ok - my day has started so breakfast and off to do some shopping - gotta love Saturdays!

COWBOYS There is something about those hats, pearl snap shirts, and wranglers...

Oh I drifted off there for a minute!!! :24:

Texas has a way of getting under your skin!!! She had better be careful or she may never leave

You know what they say about Texas don't you...they grow them bigger out there :lol:

chaps-back-gb-375.jpg

She may just loose her heart and stay to find it.

How fun! Your girl looks like she's having a good time...what a wonderful learning experience.... I like the fashion statement...ya know...the hole in the knee of your pants...fits right in on the ranch... :)

• 2 months later...

She is back safe and sound! and heart whole :) apprarently the only cowboys she met were old and or attached. She has had an experience she will never forget and is already planning her next trip. She has the boots - properly christened in the ranch 'dirt', big buckles and a confederate straw hat. Muscles she didn't used to have and a desire to eat local and organic.

It is good to see her, even if she heads back to her city tomorrow.

Sounds she had a great time. Good to be under mother´s wings again (for mom anyway) and planning her next trip.

Archived