MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Gonna be MIA

WormGuy

To let everyone know, my computer got fried last night in a storm. I'm on one that I cobbled together from 3 other systems. Not sure how long I will be without, money is tight right now. Until then...

:wormie2:

John

To let everyone know, my computer got fried last night in a storm. I'm on one that I cobbled together from 3 other systems. Not sure how long I will be without, money is tight right now. Until then...

John

Oh Dear !!! We will miss You !!!!!

....... :pc_coffee: waiting....... *sigh*..... :yar:

So I take it there will be NO MORE recalls by any company

until you are back and can report on them?

:laughkick:

:AmishMichael2:

No Michael, it does not mean that.

John

:yar::hug3: Hurry back John, We are really going to miss you. And if possible, just keep the old one going with bubble gum and rubber bands.

:bighug2:

Yeah...what AH said about the library....which is a big pain but better than nada. I've been doing that for a month now and I want a computer at home again!!! I know the limited finances thang! :(

Praying your situation will resolve into a computer too!

(((WG))))

MtRider

I'm still hobbling along with this antique machine. At least I can check e-mail and post here when it will let me. I am restricted by hardware and software as to what sites I can get on. Not going to push my luck so I'll only pop in now & then. I did put the computer in the shop today, hopefully it is only the power suppy and not a card or the mother board blown. Some recalls may be posted later than the day they come out, but I hope not. Thanks for the well wishes & prayers.

John

I'm still hobbling along with this antique machine. At least I can check e-mail and post here when it will let me. I am restricted by hardware and software as to what sites I can get on. Not going to push my luck so I'll only pop in now & then. I did put the computer in the shop today, hopefully it is only the power suppy and not a card or the mother board blown. Some recalls may be posted later than the day they come out, but I hope not. Thanks for the well wishes & prayers.

John

H e l l o - W o r m i e ,

S e e i n g - y o u - a r e - s t i l l - u s i n g - t h e - o l d - c o m p u t e r - I - a m - t y p i n g - t h i s - w i t h - o n e - f i n g e r - s o - i t - c a n - l o a d - u p - o n t o - y o u r - c o m p u t e r - s c r e e n ! LOL

Glad to know that you can still get in (well, now and then anyway).

Hopefully the main computer is just a bit broken and not a tatal loss?

We will be thinking of it while it is in the hospital. ;)

Take care-

:AmishMichael2:

Michael

Thank you Michael, this old beast needs help.

I talked with the computer shop this morning and the power supply seems to be the only thing blown. Hopefully it will be back home it a week for about $125.00. :woohoo:

John

Hooyay Wormie!!!

My computer went in and MAYBE we have an EXternal modem that will work....now that I found the disc for it.

Mebbe my jouney's to town will soon come to an end....tho repair guy is backed up and might not be able to look at mine till next week.

MtRider squints....looking..............is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Wormie, do you see it too?

Hooyay Wormie!!!

My computer went in and MAYBE we have an EXternal modem that will work....now that I found the disc for it.

Mebbe my jouney's to town will soon come to an end....tho repair guy is backed up and might not be able to look at mine till next week.

MtRider squints....looking..............is that a light at the end of the tunnel? Wormie, do you see it too?

YUP!

it is kindda like ducktape , super glue and WD40?

HOW in the world did we EVER get though a day without them ? :shrug:

Now if I turn on the computer to check for something and the dialup is down I just look at the screen until Lori comes into the room adn patting me on my back says.................

It OK Dear - it will be back on soon. :laughkick::24::laughkick: LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

I'm not sure Mt_Rider, I was hoping for today but no call to come get it yet. I'm getting real tired of pages not loading & I have high speed. <Sigh> Maybe Monday...

John

Archived