MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello again from Georgia

Lisa in GA

I was on here a while back but dropped off due to a computer crash and then my dh got lung cancer. He passed away recently and now my 10 kids and I begin taking care of things here on the farm again. I have chickens for meat and eggs, a few other assorted animals and my milk cow.

Lisa in GA

Hi Lisa! And welcome! :bouquet: I'm sorry you have had such a hard season. And also you will be in my prayers for your loss. That's quite a large family you have there! Almost like a workforce in itself. What are their ages? I'm sure you will find any answers you are looking for here. Hang in there and glad you are back.

I actually have 13 children, 3 by birth that are grown and live nearby, and the youngest 10 are all adopted. Ages and sex of the younger 10 are: 17b, 17b, 14g, 12g, 11g, 10b, 10g, 8b, 8g, and 4b. I have one set of twins that are 8.

My dh was never into the animals and farm as much as I am. I mean he would build me the pens and help with the garden, but he never did milk my cow or goats.

Lisa in GA

So sorry for your loss. You do seem to have a very interesting life. I bet there are some future farmers/homesteaders in those children. DD and SIL are hoping to adopt soon, but I think they won't go for 10.

Welcome back, Lisa. Wow, you'll be in my prayers too, for the caring for those precious children. [Our 2 DD's are adopted too.] I hope you'll find things here to support you, to encourage you in your lifestyle, and to mebbe make you laugh.

:grouphug:

MtRider

Lisa, I am heartily sorry for your loss. I pray the Lod is with you at this time easing your sorrow.

I was adopted. My Mom and Dad were foster parents so they were not supposd to but they fought to adopt me. Over all there were over 25 foster kids they helped over the years. You are doing God's work. If my parents had not adopted me, most likely I would have ended up raised in an orhanage since I have a birth defect with my hands. My Mom always took on the cases no other fosters wanted, Down's babies, birth defects etc. She was an extraoridnary human being. It takes an extraordinary human being to do what she and you do. Thank you.

Oh and I am new here myself but, welcome back.

Archived