MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I want to introduce myself.

MJ2

Hi my name is Meredith and I found MrsSurvival when I was prepping for y2k, back in 1998. I have been visiting off and on since then. I hope to be a part of this community of like minded people. I love gardening, preserving by canning or dehydrating. We are home school family and my third child (only son) will be finishing high school this May and our last child will have two more years of high school. We have raised chickens, ducks,turkey, geese, goats and pigs. Raising farm animal are put on hold right now. I'm glad to be here and look forward to continue learning and sharing with all you people.

Hi, Meredith!! I think you deserve a prize as the longest lurker ever to Mrs. S!!! I look forward to reading your posts. I do have a question, though... It seems that so many people are stepping up their "farms" to include more animals (myself included). I am curious about why the farm animals are on hold... In my house, I've even been threatening the turtle, telling him that he needs to be a more productive member of the household. So far, he isn't listening to me! :008Laughing:

LOL. Thanks. :lol:

We bought a house further up north (3 1/2 hrs away) with little over 4 acers in the country. It was supposed to be our week-end get away but we fell in love with the place and our four children and I lived there full time and my husband drove up every week-ends for almost 7 years. During that time we raised animal, and put in a large garden. The drive was getting to be too much for my husband and also our older children started college in the city, so we moved back to our little house in the cities. Now we just go up for week-ends. I hope that wasn't too confusing. :buttercup:

Hi, Meredith!! I think you deserve a prize as the longest lurker ever to Mrs. S!!! I look forward to reading your posts. I do have a question, though... It seems that so many people are stepping up their "farms" to include more animals (myself included). I am curious about why the farm animals are on hold... In my house, I've even been threatening the turtle, telling him that he needs to be a more productive member of the household. So far, he isn't listening to me! :008Laughing:

Welcome Meredith! Wow... how could you resist us for so long??? :huh: LOL

So glad you've popped out of "lurkdom"! :behindsofa:

So I guess you already know what is here, but I just want to let you know that if you *can't* find something, just ask. We'll try to help you find it.

:bighug2:

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome.

Cat, when I was prepping for y2k, I was part of the community back then. After y2k, I got busy with life and was away so to speak. Now that my children are older and having just two at home, I have little more time. So here I am to hang out with like minded people to learn and to share.

I have continued to use many of the things that I learned back then and would like to keep adding to what works for our family. I find prepping, preserving, finding ways to save money, gardening and raising farm animals very exciting. I'm a strange kind of woman. :008Laughing: That's the way the world would see me as...very strange. But I love it.:cele:

Welcome Meredith! Wow... how could you resist us for so long??? :huh: LOL

So glad you've popped out of "lurkdom"! :behindsofa:

So I guess you already know what is here, but I just want to let you know that if you *can't* find something, just ask. We'll try to help you find it.

:bighug2:

LOL. Thanks. :lol:

We bought a house further up north (3 1/2 hrs away) with little over 4 acers in the country. It was supposed to be our week-end get away but we fell in love with the place and our four children and I lived there full time and my husband drove up every week-ends for almost 7 years. During that time we raised animal, and put in a large garden. The drive was getting to be too much for my husband and also our older children started college in the city, so we moved back to our little house in the cities. Now we just go up for week-ends. I hope that wasn't too confusing. :buttercup:

Naaww... That made perfect sense! When you have a family, you always have to do what is best for them and that can change depending upon the current set of circumstances.

Archived