MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Peaches......I need HELP!!!

Dee

A friend dropped off a lug of peaches. Any suggestions on what to do with them. I don't want to freeze them, too much fruit in the freezer already. I don't want to can them as peaches as I have plenty of those already.

I think I've heard someone heard mention peach pie filling? Would you like to share your recipe with me?

What elese is there to do with them? I am really at a loss here and I know they won't last long enough to eat the whole box.....

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

A friend dropped off a lug of peaches. Any suggestions on what to do with them. I don't want to freeze them, too much fruit in the freezer already. I don't want to can them as peaches as I have plenty of those already.

I think I've heard someone heard mention peach pie filling? Would you like to share your recipe with me?

What elese is there to do with them? I am really at a loss here and I know they won't last long enough to eat the whole box.....

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Dry them!

You need Clear Jel for pie filling. Normally it is not something you will find on short notice. It is not sold in many stores. Just speciality shops, cake decorating shops, etc. Otherwise you order online.

Peach syrup is wonderful.

So is peach salsa.

I made one batch, 2 pints, of the peach raspbery melba jam and we really liked it so I'll make another batch and triple it. Thanks Leanna!

Thanks to you other ladies too and I'm looking forward to trying a couple of others tomorrowl. I didn't know about the Clear Jel Virgina so will give up on that idea for this time.

When we lived in CA with the drier air I used to dry fruit and make leathers goatherder but the humidity in Iowa just doesn't cut it, even using my dehydrator. I could probably use the oven, like recipes mention, but I just can't bring myself to run the oven at 150-200 for 8-15 hours when the air is on.

Off to start on another batch before DGD comes for the night. I'll try something different tomorrow.

Archived