MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fast bug...

Cat

Monday my bigDD asked me to come watch the baby because her husband was sick and staying home. It's just not a good idea for anyone if you have a college-age babysitter home all day with a young husband. (Their church had a problem with someone else's "problems", so they're very sensitive to this.)

Apparently he started throwing up in the night, had diarrhea, and ended up sleeping in the bathroom the rest of the night. :( So he stayed in their bedroom most of the day and 14-m-o DGS and I had fun. (Since Mom's hospitalization and death, bigDD's giving me some "time off" to get stuff done.)

Yesterday I was fine. At 1:30 AM this morning, I felt "funny", like I had to throw up, but I wasn't sure. Headed for the bathroom, and had problems once inside. Luckily the tub is right beside the toilet, so I could take care of it all at the same time... no vomit bowl, of course. :o

So when I thought I was ok, I cleaned up the bit of a mess on the floor, then cleaned out the tub and took a shower. Well, started to. I started to feel very odd, and woke up with my head and arms outside the tub, the rest of me inside with the water running over me. Hubby heard the CLUNK and came running, so he helped me through another round of sickness and the clean-up.

I've never fainted before, so it was a very strange experience. My knee is bruised, so I must've gone down on it hard.

DH stayed home until lilDD got off to school, then left and I've been sleeping. Before bigDD left for work, I called to ask her how long SIL was sick, and she said just that one day. And DGS had the same thing last night, as I did. :(

I had some Mountain Dew this morning to help with my morning caffeine need, and now I'm drinking Gatorade. So far, so good. Just a little weak.

NASTY bug... :yuk:

Is there something new going around??

There is something going on. It blew through the grandkids about 2 weeks ago. My 22 year old daughter came home from work with it one day last week and collapsed on my couch. My niece came home to her mom's house (next door) with something, then her mom caught it. I've also heard reports from others online that there is something going around but no one seems to know what it is and it seems to pass pretty quickly.

I had something the beginning of summer that took over a week to get rid of. My ails was all from the belly button up. Nausea and vomiting. In other words, no intestinal. I did have a fever around 103 for a couple of days.

Hope it's all out of your system! :hug3:

DH got it, I got it, and the ferret got it. The throw-ups lasted one day and weakness after about a week.

Ann, I´d love to hear more about a virus that can spread to your ferret. It sets off different alarm bells in all directions.

Who got it first in your household?

How long did it last for the ferret?

If a ferret can get it from humans or vise versa, could this include dogs or cats as well?

I don´t like virus that can jump human-animal-human so easy.

Ann, I´d love to hear more about a virus that can spread to your ferret. It sets off different alarm bells in all directions.

Who got it first in your household?

How long did it last for the ferret?

If a ferret can get it from humans or vise versa, could this include dogs or cats as well?

I don´t like virus that can jump human-animal-human so easy.

Ferrets are selectable to human viruses in general. Both colds and the flu will drag the poor little guys down. It is hard to interact with them, knowing they will catch what you have when you are ill.

For us, DH one day, I got it the next day and Frank got it that evening. One day upchucking, the next 4 days no real energy, easily tired.

Sounds a rotten bug you are having. And such a quick onset.

Glad to hear Frank the ferret didn't suffer too long. Never knew that ferrets can be infected by human illnesses so easily.

Something to remember.

This is interesting. Here there's a cough going around that is very difficult to shake, and an intestinal bug (lower, mostly) that goes away after one or two days.

Cat, are you well past it?

Yup, I guess I'm over it. Still a bit of a tender stomach, but I'm ok.

DH got it during the night Thursday and missed work Friday from weakness. Luckily, he didn't have the vomiting, but his stomach is even more tender now.

BigDD got it Sunday, and had a rough holiday weekend. But at least she didn't have to miss work. They need the $$.

LilDD hasn't gotten it, and I'm hoping she won't. I'd hate for it to hit her at school. It does seem to hit at night, for some reason.

I sure hope we're DONE!!!

Cat, imagination running wild here. Did you look like this?

So sorry you are all so under the weather and this pic came to mind:

Cute2.jpg

Archived