MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

ICK! SLEET!

gofish

My boss warned us this morning that we are to get a lot of snow by tomorrow.

She warned us to start for work early becaues she was not taking the weather as an excuse for being late.

It rained all day.

When I got off work it was turning to sleet.

Looks like winter is here.

Yup.

Hey, It's Indiana. :shrug: And it's November.

Sorry, don't mean to sound smug. :( I'm just glad that I didn't HAVE to go out in it today.

They have backed off their original forecasts... it may not be as bad as they said this morning.

:hug3: Stay safe!!!

Stay safe! I can drive in snow just fine but ice is a different story. I stay in if I can.

Today the guy who plows my driveway called to see if I wanted his service this year. I do! I mentioned we had record rain fall this year and it is still raining. Imagine if all that was snow. He laughed and said he heard we were supposed to have heavy snow this winter. I had visions of him grinning and rubbing his hands together like an old miser. He charges by the job and not by the season. Worth it though. He is a neighbor and has a plow on his truck and is done in less than 10 minutes.

Me + snowblower = Heart attack.

The power company said that they will have the power restored for everyone sometime today.

I got a good 5 inches of snow in about 5 hours. Going to work yesterday was not pretty. My road was not plowed and the road that was plowed was very icy.

I have to use my vacation time before the end on the year so I have today off.

Son wanted me to take him to school today and we picked up the neighbor girl he usualy rides with. Our car doors were frozen shut. I got mine open and was pushing Son's door from the inside and he was pulling from the outside to open his door. Only to find out when I hit the unlock button all the doors unlocked but his.

We finaly got to her house and I got stucked in her driveway.I had to pulll forward and we looked for cars and when it was clear I hit the gas and forced my way out.:gaah:

I remember snow, I think... lol. (Too many years in the desert.)

Driving in it was not something I wanted to do. One year my dad plowed through a snow drift on the way home... there was a car stuck under it and he hit it.

Please stay safe everyone.

we had rain this week - I would have preferred the sunshine, instead we ended up with sticky humidity ... but it is finally summer :) maybe some time for walks on the beach, paddling in the surf, lying in the sun and getting a tan

oh yeah - you can all have your snow!

enjoying summer down under :)

We finaly got to her house and I got stucked in her driveway.I had to pulll forward and we looked for cars and when it was clear I hit the gas and forced my way out.:gaah:

SNIP

I've had to 'rock the car' many many times. Also pull up, throw it in reverse and give it the gas! The joys of winter driving; kind of exciting really. Now I have 4 wheel drive and it sort of takes the edge off. I know... :huh:

But 4 wheel drive is pretty useless on ice. That's donut makin' time.

bit of flurries today but its let up , nothing sticking as it warmed up a few more degrees. I enjoyed walking in the fresh air though to do errands and get some lunch as I paid bills and got myself a handy little swiss army tool for 'grey' usage, lol.

Good day for inside chores, like cleaning the frig out right?

:grinning-smiley-044:

It's melting now. That's what happened yesterday it melted and refroze overnight.

It was better this morning.it didn't get as cold overnight I went to the grarage sale they are having at church. I got another blanket for the car..

I picked up a deer theme plush throw with a deer theme for my cot. My cat Miss Macy didn't know what to think of it since it was so soft. It feels more cozy though! Might snow here tonight? Light stuff, if so. 30% chance only, not like midwest and rockies right now.

Still no snow here and some are happy for that-

Me I love the snow!

Had a bit of sleet on way home tonight from setting up our 'Dollhouse Display' for the weekend show we are doing.

Also very hard to see driving home at Night in wet rain/sheet. Had to watch out for deer driving the back roads, saw some two times on way home but they stayed on side of road.

:AmishMichael2:

Had rain and cooler temperatures here since Thursday. Parka and long underwear time for me, child of the desert I am, since it is in the high 50s. We finally had to break down and turn on our heater in the house. Strangest thing this morning was fog which we normally don't see.

I feel for all of you in colder climates. I can't even image having my car door frozen shut.

Archived