MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Since we're on the topic of closets...

Christy

Ahem, this is scary for me. After having been single for over 10 years, I've recently started flirting with a very nice man. We speak on the phone (he doesn't live too closeby) and write eachother. Nice stuff, how the day was, difficult stuff, medical stuff, did you see that on tv stuff...

I'm scared and thrilled at the same time. Even if it comes to nothing, I'm humming to myself and my DS says I have a glint in my eye.

It may seem nothing to most people, to me it is a gigantic step. A sign of me healing again enough after a very ugly divorce to face the world again.

It's a bear of a bloke, tall, slighty scruffy unshave pic, does carcross (you know those stripped cars with bars and a fence instead of windows), am slowly approaching the subject of prepping to him.

Yeah ok, I'm done now.

You can start teasing me. :ashamed0002:

I would not THINK of teasing you. I think it's WONDERFUL :happy0203::bouquet: You've been through so much you deserve some fun and happiness in your life. You take all you can find.

:hug3:

:bighug2:

Christy & Big-Bear-of-a-Bloke sittin in a tree...

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love...

Then comes marriage..

Then comes Christy in a horse-drawn carriage!

(Did anyone really think that I was gonna post baby carriage?)

Congratulations to you, Christy... Have one of my refreshing adult beverages and just sit back and smile! :bev:

I wouldn't think of teasing you. Okay, I would think about it but not in a mean way but in a happy way. I think it is wonderful! You deserve all the happiness that comes your way. Life is too short to be alone. Actually, it's too long to be alone. If you like him and he is good to you...go be happy.

If nothing comes of it at least you took a chance and met a new friend...who might have a friend.

I wish you love sister. :cloud9:

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love...

Then comes marriage..

Congratulations to you, Christy... Have one of my refreshing adult beverages and just sit back and smile! :bev:

Well, seeing they have only 'talked' on the phone I think that may be a bit hard? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

IF I remember right , you BOTH have to be in the same house, right? :shrug:

:AmishMichael2:

Lol, Jeepers beat me to it Michael. Although I'm sure there comes a time a person gets too old and not limber enough for such adventures. :grinning-smiley-044: It's just great to be able to feel things again. Emotions are exhausting but I'm too young to give up on a duet.

No idea if this is the right man but at least, I'm not afraid anymore to look around and see what the world has to offer.

Tease all you like, my best FF nearly fainted when she heard it. Then she hollered and DS laughed like a hyena.

Lol, Jeepers beat me to it Michael. Although I'm sure there comes a time a person gets too old and not limber enough for such adventures. :grinning-smiley-044: It's just great to be able to feel things again. Emotions are exhausting but I'm too young to give up on a duet.

No idea if this is the right man but at least, I'm not afraid anymore to look around and see what the world has to offer.

Tease all you like, my best FF nearly fainted when she heard it. Then she hollered and DS laughed like a hyena.

IF he is NOT Mister Right...........

maybe he is Mr. Right now! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love...

Then comes marriage..

Well, seeing they have only 'talked' on the phone I think that may be a bit hard? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

So that's how that works, Michael! I must have fallen asleep in biology class. I was pretty sure that it did involve adult beverages and some exercise, though. :twister3: I just didn't realize that all of the parties had to be in the same space at the same time. Wait a minute! Where did these little people that look like me come from? Lemme just calm down and have another refreshing adult beverage... :bev: Cheers! :bev:

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love...

Then comes marriage..

Well fooie TMC beat me too it LOL

Congratulations Christy, I am glad that you have met someone if nothing else a new friend.

Yay Christy ... I can feel your pain ... I was widowed at a young age and it was hard to take those steps ... I dated some over the years, a couple of men for about 2 years each, but it was 18 years before I remarried. I'm glad you are adjusting and beginning to trust!! Have fun!! I'm so happy for you!! :balloons:

Or car. :ph34r:

A CAR!

So it that why some kids are names Dodge, Chevie, Pinto or Jeepers? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:24:

Well, Of course I wasn't speaking from experience! I think I read it some place. Yeah, it's all coming back to me now. I did read it. It was in a book. I think. Musta been. In a book. Where I read it. Once. I think. Had to have been. In a book.

IT WASN'T ME!

I don't think. :0327:

• 4 weeks later...

So that's how that works, Michael! I must have fallen asleep in biology class. I was pretty sure that it did involve adult beverages and some exercise, though. :twister3: I just didn't realize that all of the parties had to be in the same space at the same time. Wait a minute! Where did these little people that look like me come from? Lemme just calm down and have another refreshing adult beverage... :bev: Cheers! :bev:

Reminds me a lot of this XKCD strip:

http://xkcd.com/674/

Well, it didn't go well. I knew from quite early on he has a rather nasty illness and he is very withdrawn from that. Hardly ever leaves the village he lives, avoids contact with strangers. The people here who I wrote in private about that, can sure understand it.

He realized I was emotionally coming really close, retreated into his shell. We've talked about him being able to come out of the shell but he's stuck.

His prospect at to be honest, not exactly rosey and something I don't wish upon anyone.

Saddest part for him is he now realizes his life will be not only shorter than for most people, it also means he is not able to share it with someone. He had hopes for that and when we carefully explored emotional closeness, he understood his illness will both mean he wants to hide from the world and he wants to spare a partner the painful process of watching him deteriorate.

I've come to terms with that.

There will be others, Christy. You are a beautiful person, inside and out both, Don't retreat yourself. You can at least be a friend to him, one who is not put off by his illness. Sounds like he needs that too.

((((((Christy)))))

Mother, he's cut himself off from just about everyone right now. He certainly does not want to talk to me because he actually would want me as a partner and he can't handle that. He can't be friends with a woman he would want for a wife.

Mother, you know what his illness is so you understand right?

No worries about me, I bounced back already. And I would have accepted him with his illness and all but fair is fair, in a post-hooey, he'd not stand a chance.

So maybe this was the way for me to overcome those years of voluntary single-ness and now look for someone who will be there when the time is right.

Lol, never thought my wannebe love life would be so interesting here :grinning-smiley-044:

I DO understand. What a strange position to be put in, both you and him. Still, like you said, it was a step into the parade again and THAT'S a good thing! :happy0203:

I can't wait to hear the next episode in the Life and Times of our own dear CHRISTY!!!. :curtsey::darlenedance:

Archived