MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Birthday Lori!!!!!!!!

Amishway Homesteaders

Lori always 'tries' to make it hard for me to celebrate her Birthday by giving me a few clues for what she wants for her Birthday. This Year was a bit hard, she wanted snow for her Birthday as well as going to a zoo and eating at a New York Restaurant, adding that ice cream would be good as well and if there was time maybe a museum. Also seeing I did the "Breakfest in Bed" things for year She want to go out for Breakfest this year.

So……………………………

Got the ice cream part out of the way the night before as the Ice Cream Shop in town opened that day, So we walked over and got ice cream cones.

On Saturday it started out with Breakfast at McDonalds and 7 hours later we were home and I think I did OK!

After Breakfast we went and picked up our Friend Ed (English) who we invited to spend the day with us to help celebrate. Then we went on a bit of a detour as I heard that 'somewhere' it had snowed last night. Stopped off at a garage sale on the way and also found a rummage sales 'bag day' was on Saturday and it was kind of on the way to the Morman Hill. After a 45 minute detour I found some snow in a town east of us (we were going WEST for the Dinner Birthday Party). But there was enough to make a snowball as I got out, made it and opened the door to the van and………….. Handed it to Lori. (Hey it was her birthday I wasn't going to hit her with it.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Got the zoo part done by taking her to Country Max where they have a big pet shop. Lori loves to stop by when we are in the area to 'play' with all the little animals, plus we didn't know that Ed liked them too until I had trouble getting them out of the shop so we could go on. I did buy some pansies for her as they are one flower she likes a lot (plus used them as table décor at Birthday Party). Back on the road to head the other way so we could get to the town for her Birthday Dinner Surprise. But on the way she saw a sign for another Garage Sale and the van just turned that way so we went and found a few things. Took a 'shortcut' on some back roads to save time and get to the Town for Dinner and there we were passing another Country Max which was funny as we just told Ed if he liked seeing all the little animal there was a bigger Country Max and we would take him there some day . Well YOU know what I did – Drove right in and we saw MORE animals!

Then we got to the town with the "New York Style Deli" – restaurant! And we headed in to order our meals (while Ed and Lori ordered I went back to the raised booths to 'set' up the table/booth with Home-made Placemats with Happy Birthday Lori printed on them as well as coasters with the same, Name cards so everyone knew where to sit (all 3 of us) and a vase of Daffodils (from home) the 'pansies' (in a basket I found at the rummage sale this morning) on a paper dolly. With helium balloon with Happy Birthday on it tied to the flower vase. When she came to the table I lit the 'sparkle" Birthday Candles and we sang Happy Birthday…… and then we ate! The 'boys had Reuben's and Lori had a Chicken Pram and mac-n-cheese. Then she opened her presents and birthday cards.

Then we went to the Woman's Suffrage Museum (also in town) and the Visitors Center for some Fun (and they were on her list)as we all are History Buffs. On the way home we stopped at 'Real Deals' Dollar Store so Lori could spend her Birthday Money and get a few MORE things. Drove back home, dropped off Ed and when Home to REST!

Stopped at a few other places here and there but this is enough for now and I got everything on her list!

:AmishMichael2:

Late Birthday wishes, Lori. But we all know Michael extends your birthday out for days and days so...mebbe I'm not late yet. :happy0203::balloons:

MtRider :cakeslice:

YES , her Birthday ALWAYS takes me 3 days to get it all in! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Friday was Dinner at Home and then Ice Cream for Dessert from the Ice Cream Shop that opened for the season that day!

Saturday I listed in another post and then on Sunday we got up early and when "birding' At Montazoma and went 'visiting' with Amish Friends.

Back Home to another Dinner.

:AmishMichael2:

Thanks :AmishMichael2: for letting us be a part of such a special day! Ya'll always do such neat stuff. I love reading Lori's birthday stories! :hug3: for Lori. Until next year...

Archived