MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fish meds....yes or no? Opinions please.

Peg

I have been doing a lot of reading online lately (maybe good, maybe bad). I have seen tons of articles on fish meds for when the stuff hits to fan. I have also seen several youtube videos on the topic. I feel like in a survival situation it would be worth the risks. Opinions, please.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, Peg said:

I have been doing a lot of reading online lately (maybe good, maybe bad). I have seen tons of articles on fish meds for when the stuff hits to fan. I have also seen several youtube videos on the topic. I feel like in a survival situation it would be worth the risks. Opinions, please.

Check out the youtube videos of Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy...(Doom and Gloom)...lots of good info.

Edited by The WE2's
  • Like 2

WE2  I have that book. it is a good one.   Another one that is really good is Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious disease by Joseph Alton MD and Amy Alton ARNP.  Has everything about fish antibiotics and so much more. You will know just how to treat your fish with the right antibiotic for what the condition is.  Can't go wrong with that one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

LittleSister.....does it say what is "stored correctly"??  I've heard different things on how to store things for the fish.

MtRider  :scratchhead: 

They said to keep them stored in a cool, dark dry area. 

• Thanks 1

Several years ago, a local Church would take regular folks to Brazil to serve in the bush and help build churches and other building.  The MD that headed it up told all people going to get the animal antibiotics from local farm stores for their own use and to leave with the folks in the villages they served.  They had makeshift medical clinics as well as putting up buildings.

• Like 3