MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Changes are not just coming...

Darlene

They're already unfolding :)

I've been down in the Moderator's Bunker firing off posts left and right. I've written so many posts in the last 3 days that I noticed that I am the #2 post contributor for the week lol. 

Shocking. 

I'm writing this post right now to give everyone a heads up that changes are not only coming to MrsS, but they are unfolding. We would like to give y'all a heads up on the little steps we've taken thus far.

Under each forum title out on the main page, you'll start to see Moderator names being added. For example, Under the Streams in the Desert forum, it says "Moderator - Darlene". Not all of the Moderators have been assigned to each forum, but we've started so you'll be able to easily see, who is exactly responsible for that particular forum.

In the event that there's questions or issues, please direct any communication directly to the Moderator who is listed on that forum. They will be able to assist with anything anyone needs.

I figured I had better get started on these changes while Mt_Rider is away because she tends to want to hide behind that big ole blue couch anytime I start to do some work around here. The fun thing will be to see how long it takes her to find this post once she gets back because the first thing I'll expect is a post from here hiding behind that big ole blue couch lol.

Anyway, we will keep you apprised of the little things we will be doing. I have A LOT to say, and not enough time about a variety of things, so I'll probably break it down into bite sized pieces for now.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to answer them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dee said:

I have a question, Darlene.  Where is Mt. Rider's blue couch?  She just might come home and find me already there.  It's scary when you start rearranging:008Laughing:

She better NOT have taken it with her because that would be sooooo mean to the rest of you, especially when that dread fills your heart as you realize Darlene is here and she's going to change everything....

.:runcirclsmiley2:

lol

If I could ONLY figure out how to change the color schemes, I would be happy. Never fear, I will somehow figure THAT out too :) lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi, Darlene & Dee!

I visited a few days ago to look for some information, but didn't have time to post. I received your email this morning and I am also feeling some things tugging me in again. My life has been quite hectic in recent years and I haven't had much time to participate. I will visiting more frequently and taking a more active role as a poster. I am looking forward to seeing the changes that you envision, Darlene! (I still use your duck sausage recipe!)

• Like 4

Hello theMartianchick.  It is SO great to see you on.  I really do hope you will be a regular again. :bighug2:

• Like 1

Hi, Jeepers! :hi:

I no longer have my quail... or my gardens.  I had to let them go because my hubby retired and we wanted to be able to travel. I am glad that I installed some permaculture on my property because those are still productive. There is a whole lot more to the story, but I will share it in another area of the site later. I am working towards another plan that will involve more property and critters in the near future. My homesteading skills (thanks to all of you), are still solid, though!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I'm back, too, Thanks to Darlene's email this morning. It looks like it's been five years, but it doesn't seem like it when I already see so many folks I fondly remember and respect. :)

Hi, Cricket!!  :wave:

(This feels like a high school reunion!)

15 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I'm back, too, Thanks to Darlene's email this morning. It looks like it's been five years, but it doesn't seem like it when I already see so many folks I fondly remember and respect. :)

Oh my gosh Cricket! It's so awesome to see you here.

We won't add up the years I was MIA. All that matters is that you're here once again.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, themartianchick said:

(This feels like a high school reunion!)

Doesn't it though? lolol

I'm loving it, getting ABSOLUTELY NO work done at my job or on the farm (I work from home), because I'm having too much fun at our reunion!

• Like 3

Hey Dee!

Is there a story you'd like to share about those turkeys perched in front of you bay window?

Inquiring minds want to know.

DARLENE, you are so bad!!! :whistling:

As Darlene well knows, putting these turkeys up was a mistake that I don't know how to fix. :Blushing:  Hopefully, they will be removed soon!

BUT, let me explain.  These were my Blue Slate turkeys that used to visit.  The actual board across the window was for Rubbermaid lids that I used as birdfeeders during the winter.  During the summer the birds liked to visit with me while I worked around the house.  I loved them and, obviously, they loved me too. :curtsey:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to catch up on reading a lot of post as I can.  So many of you are returning and I am loving that. Though I think most all of you were here long before me. But I have read post from the past where I have seen a lot of these names. 

So just want to say welcome back everyone.

• Like 4