MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hubby hospital

My husband started getting sick on Wednesday night. Went to doctor on Thursday said he had influenza. Friday night at 5:30 he said please take me to ER they took blood work, blood culture, EKG, x-ray, CT scan, his temp was 103. Found out he has pneumonia and bacteria in his blood. Thought he had blood clots gave hima shot in stomach for blood thinners. They don't know what is causing bacterial infection so he is still in hospital. Getting breathing treatments also. Please pray 

• Sad 5

This sounds oddly like what is going on with my nephew.  Treating him for bacterial pneumonia, but don't know what's going on.  Is this going around, do you know?

Good to hear, ZZelle.  Been praying for him.  Sounds so serious. 

I haven't heard of anything in our area, Ambergris.  :shrug:   Are the big weather systems stirring up ....stuff?   I've had bronchial congestion [successfully keeping it clear so far] since April.  Will pray your nephew too.

MtRider  :pray:  

• Thanks 1
On 5/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, zzelle said:

Levaquin

Keep your eye out for "strange/odd" allergic reactions. This drug caused tendonitis in my left leg! My provider tried to dismiss the idea that it was linked to the antibiotic, but I "proved" to her that she was wrong. Anyway, Google the drug and check out the side effects to keep a lookout for.  (Yes, the tendonitis resolved itself shortly after stopping the drug.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still praying for a good steady recovery for your husband, and strength & peace for everyone else.  It is frightening when a spouse is hospitalized.  Worse yet when there is no clear cause for health issues.  Been there, done that (as quite a few of us have) and our hearts are with you!

• Like 2