MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New update on Old Pine

logcabinmama

We had gone to town yesterday and while up town, he decided he should go to the clinic. There wasn't a dr. who could see him at that time and we were told to go to the hospital. After we went out and got a bite to eat, that is just what we did. Then we spent the next 2 1/2 hours there. His left lung was collasping again.

Old Pine said he felt better on Oxygen so they sent a tank with us and we had to return it last night.

DS and I took him to Fargo so he is in the hospital over there again. We got home about mid-night and I'll get the neighbor to take me over there today.

DS has to stay home as Pooh is home from school, sick.

Right now we are just waiting for things to happen. They did another Cat Scan this morning but Old Pine hasn't heard from the Dr. yet. I'll call him again in about an hour and see if he has seen the dr.

From the sounds of it, what happened is that when they closed him up, there was air trapped inside, sounds right. Now, that air is taking up little bubble space and fluid is getting in the bubble. So, I'm thinking, is there a nurse here, anyway, I think that the more he coughs and uses that exerciser deal, the more his lungs have to expand and the more that air and stuff has to find a new home.

So, I have told him to do all that stuff so he can get out and come home.

Archived